Mission overlay and pause

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Mission overlay and pause

Post by spara »

Hello.

I composed a mission screen with an overlay image. When I press P for pause, the overlay disappears, which is fine. When I press P again to resume, the original overlay is not restored. This behavior feels wrong to me.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Mission overlay and pause

Post by cim »

spara wrote:
I composed a mission screen with an overlay image. When I press P for pause, the overlay disappears, which is fine. When I press P again to resume, the original overlay is not restored. This behavior feels wrong to me.
That's not the only bug regarding pausing while on an in-flight mission screen - if you press F2 while paused to get to game options, it breaks you out of the mission screen entirely when you unpause, for instance, and it's not at all straightforward to restore the entire screen in that case.

Probably, as with docked mission screens, the solution is to disallow pausing on those screens. I'll make that change.

While we're here: mission screen controls don't work while the docking computer is active. Is the bug there that the controls don't work or that you can bring up a mission screen in that case in the first place? (It's going to get interrupted eventually and unpredictably when you dock, so it's really not a good time to create one)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

cim wrote:
Probably, as with docked mission screens, the solution is to disallow pausing on those screens. I'll make that change.
For time critical missions, it would also be a cheat if the player can pause a mission screen to carefully read the page. :D
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

cim wrote:
Sounds like a reasonable change.