Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

OOLITE MISSION EDITOR?

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

milinks
Deadly
Deadly

OOLITE MISSION EDITOR?

Post by milinks »

Running the risk of being shot down (no pun intended), has anyone considered creating an Oolite Mission editor? I was thinking of like a wizard type thing you get on programs, so set your mission, then input it into the editor in stages, which would create your basic mission script.plist and missiontext.plist which could then be expanded as seen fit. There are so many great programmers on here, that i didnt know if it had previously been considered?
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

I think this has indeed been mentioned before, but the conversation ground to a halt rather than being dissed.

It's a good idea, but would be a lot of work, both in design and execution, and would have to be multiplatform like Oolite.

It's worth a shot though. I could probably put something together for the PC using VB, but it's not multiplatform and time would be an issue too.
milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Post by milinks »

If there is anything that i can do to assist, time is what i have, brains in programming is lacking ( when god said brains i thought he said trains, and caught the last one :wink: )

If there is anything you can guide me to read or send me to work through i would be more than willing. Even at this time being for Windows, it would be an opportunity to iron out bugs etc and fine tune things, so that when ported it would make life easier.

Hope that i can be of assistance.
Keyes
Average
Average
Location: a small blue green planet with primative life forms who think jet fighter are state of the art

Post by Keyes »

there is an idea, and possible a littel program for macking ship.plist
'cause there are people like me who suck at that sort of thing,

can any one provide an example of a playable ship ship.plist :?: :?: :?:
I don't get mad, I get Q-Mine!
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

I assume you are talking about shipdata.plist.

If so, download any of the ship OXPs from Oosat 2 and look in the Config folder. Feel free to butcher whatever you like. There is also a large shipdate.plist file in the main game code, in <gamedir>\oolite.app\Contents\Resources\Config.

Finally, check out the Wiki for an overview of the commands used in the shipdata.plist files.