Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Cloaking device and Feudal States

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Cloaking device and Feudal States

Post by Eric Walch »

Malacandra wrote:
I must have blown the original cloaked Asp out of the sky without noticing anything odd about it......but, ahem, couldn't see the Adder anywhere :oops: although the message popped up to tell me it was in the system.
Its cloaked. :lol:
That oxp should place the asp around the W-bouy when launching from the main station. And hurry as it has a plain pirate script that also will start combat with new entering traders. Smivs used an addition spot near the player, but this script still gives a bit of a challenge.

Remember, Oolite itself will only keep adding the cloaked asp until it was shot down (By player, traders or police) After that addition stops.
Last edited by Eric Walch on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malacandra
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Malacandra »

I tried the Adder fix first, but it didn't pop up when I slugged out to the witchbeacon (I assumed it would be somewhere in the spacelane) and when I jumped out then in again I again got the notification but couldn't find it. So I quit, yanked the fix and coded up the Asp script instead, hyperspaced into a nearby system and an unnamed Asp popped up more or less straight away. He must've been out of witchdrive fuel as he turned to flee when he was hurt but I managed to inject after him (in a Python) and catch him - job done.

Back in the Amstrad days I never found the cloaking device legitimately either - there was a patch printed in a magazine that gave it to me with much typing and careful loading (remember the good old cassette days? :lol: ). I remember I used to force misjumps and pick on helpless Thargoids - that must be how I eventually made Deadly back then, the one time I did. Ah, if only I still had that old heap of junk - to think we used to think £450 in 1980s money was a fair price for a Z80 based machine that actually came with a built-in cassette drive and bespoke monitor.
"Sidewinder Precision Pro" and other Oolite fiction is now available for Amazon Kindle at a bargain price.

Sidewinder Precision Pro ||Claymore Mine ||The Russian Creed ||One Jump Ahead

All titles also available in paperback.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Oops! As Eric's pointed out, this is indeed a Feudal States bug. I've applied a quick fix to set all those falses to trues in the equipment plist so that players should get their equipment back after a challenge (or indeed a tournament event).

Funny, I tend to forget I actually have a cloaking device half the time. Never had it in on the speccy version (if it existed at all - I don't think so) and I'm only reminded when I accidentally press zero and the nose of my ship starts flickering!
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
tenorman1971
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tenorman1971 »

Thanks for the reply - sorry was not following this. Thought I had it set so I was notified of replies, so forgot to look back. I'm guessing I need to re-download the OXP then. I've just managed to do the same thing again. This time I lost my cloaking device and my energy bomb after a tournament. I'll make sure I "re-acquire" them, then re-download the OXP.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

tenorman1971 wrote:
I'll make sure I "re-acquire" them, then re-download the OXP.
If you find it difficult to re-acquire them PM me your save file and I can sort that out.

For you for a fee of 100g of Gem stones that is :mrgreen:
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"