Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Thargoid armada?

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Rogue7414
Competent
Competent
Location: Edinburgh U.K., Bloody worthless industrial, Dictatorship, Tech Level 7.

Thargoid armada?

Post by Rogue7414 »

Can anyone tell me if this one has been posted or even made into an OXP?

A massive Thargoid Armada heading towards a station/planet intent on that systems total destruction? I've got the Thargoid OXP installed and as part of my Navy reserve duty I've fought in conflict between Navy and the Thargoids near the withcspace beacon. But I was wondering if there's anything out there or that could be made that would inject a sense of doom/dread of a truely massive Thargoid armada heading towards a planet/station and all available combat ships have to hold the line until planet/station is evacuated or Navy reinforcements arrive and try and save the day?
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: Thargoid armada?

Post by Smivs »

Rogue7414 wrote:
A massive Thargoid Armada heading towards a station/planet intent on that systems total destruction?
Sounds like you need to check out Xeptatl's Sword. Not so much destruction of a system but an attempt to colonise all of GalCop space starting at (Censored). :)
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The middle act of my [EliteWiki] TCAT OXP mission fits that bill perfectly.
Last edited by Thargoid on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Also try out [EliteWiki] Thargoid Carrier OXP. It does more or less exactly what you're looking for.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Thargoid armadas are like London buses....you wait for ages then three come along at once! :P
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Rogue7414
Competent
Competent
Location: Edinburgh U.K., Bloody worthless industrial, Dictatorship, Tech Level 7.

Post by Rogue7414 »

Cheers guys, I've installed both. :D
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Rogue7414 wrote:
Cheers guys, I've installed both. :D
Both of the three suggestions? Interesting… :wink:
Rogue7414
Competent
Competent

Post by Rogue7414 »

Lol, I was looking and reading the description of the first two that were suggested so when I typed my reply I hadn't seen your response Commander McLane :oops:

Off to install that one as well.

Cheers again guys.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Rogue7414 wrote:

A massive Thargoid Armada heading towards a station/planet intent on that systems total destruction? I've got the Thargoid OXP installed and as part of my Navy reserve duty I've fought in conflict between Navy and the Thargoids near the withcspace beacon. But I was wondering if there's anything out there or that could be made that would inject a sense of doom/dread of a truely massive Thargoid armada heading towards a planet/station and all available combat ships have to hold the line until planet/station is evacuated or Navy reinforcements arrive and try and save the day?
Join the Navy reserves, the duties include massive invasion-sized battles in addition to the moderate sized ones.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Bogatyr wrote:
Rogue7414 wrote:

Join the Navy reserves, the duties include massive invasion-sized battles in addition to the moderate sized ones.
p.s. for extra intensity add the Thargoid Carrier OXP -- now that's a beast of a ship.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Bogatyr wrote:
p.s. for extra intensity add the Thargoid Carrier OXP -- now that's a beast of a ship.
p.p.s.: If you just want to add a PS to your latest post (or correct a typo, or …), there is a handy "edit" button at its lower right corner, right next to the "quote" button. Using it avoids unnecessary double posting. :wink:
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

But if you want to see the biggest Thargoid armada install Thargoid Carrier, Thargorn Threat and Thargoid Wars go to G2 and induce a missjump. To add balance you could add Galactic Navy and also the Behemoths that go with it. The battle is huge and the rewards with kill count and bounty are large for one fight. Especially after you have collected all the drones you can and shot the rest. Just make sure you have an empty hold first.

But that is of course if you survive. Take a note of your kill count and credits first and compare after.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Rogue7414
Competent
Competent

Post by Rogue7414 »

In Galaxy 2, check.

Thargoid Carrier installed, check.

Thargoid Wars installed, check.

Galactic Navy installed, check.

Thagon Threat, downloaded, installed and working properly, check.

:D
submersible
Commodore
Commodore

Post by submersible »

Rogue7414 wrote:
In Galaxy 2, check.

Thargoid Carrier installed, check.

Thargoid Wars installed, check.

Galactic Navy installed, check.

Thagon Threat, downloaded, installed and working properly, check.

:D
And that was the last we ever heard from him . Poor beggar - we scream his name across the wide-band in-memoriam occasionally.