Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Fullscreen?

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Fullscreen?

Post by Davemak »

Totally awesome - so happy that I found this cool version of Elite.
Played it way back on Amstrad CPC and Amiga - only ever managed Deadly on both. Didn't know that you had to have 6400 kills - can't have been far off.
Now its stopping me revising from exams - again! Oh well.

Any news on how to run Oolite in fullscreen PC version, or do I have to go and buy a Mac?

Also - tried the pulling back on stick to misjump - never happened yet - think the Thargoids are afraid.
milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Post by milinks »

Hi Davemak, what version of Oolite are you running? I'm a fellow PC user for my sins, and i run in fullscreen and get my butt kicked by thargoids :) . You should bw able to select full screen by the F2 menu and highlighting fullscreen. Either that or go to the Oolite install folder C:\Program Files\Oolite\oolite.app\GNUstep\Defaults and manuall alter the .GNUstepDefaults file changing the *BN to *BY. It sounds as though you are running an older version though. If you havent already, dont forget to call in at Oosat 2 for your OXP's, missions, new ships etc, oh yeah and vote for them if you like them :) :)
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

Hi,
I'm running version 445 (the installer file was OoliteUnicodeInstall-r445.exe) which I thought was the latest ver, only downloaded it on the weekend.
Cool - have it in fullscreen mode now (I missed that option doh!!)
Have added some of the ship opx files :D which look great. Finished the Constrictor mission, but haven't seen any others as yet.
Been running cargo missions to get all the goodies ie MSE, about ready to start knocking up teh kills
And still no Thargoids?!?
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

you have to keep pitching up or down until the countdown reaches zero, to force a misjump. Dunno what would prevent it :?
Davemak
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Davemak »

Found that it works using the keyboard, but not the joystick.
At last Thargoids!!! Now just got to get out of witchspace when I have no fuel left to jump .. ho hum

Added lots of opx and doesn't things get very hectic lol