What type of new ships would people like to see as OXPs

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

GGShinobi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: What type of new ships would people like to see as OXPs

Post by GGShinobi »

Gauntlet wrote:
Thanks,

editing plists is about as far as I've got modding so far, but I might have a play with wings when I can find the time.
Welcome, Gauntlet! :)

I haven't tried for myself (yet), but here are some links you might find useful for that task:
Ironfist wrote:
Care is needed or Oolite will consume about 25 hours a day.

Ironfist
Confirmed!!! :lol:

And finally: I also noticed that this thread here has a similar topic like the "Ship Wishlist", so I'm using the opportunity to link it! :)
忍 knowing that enough is enough, you'll always have enough.

Running Oolite 1.77 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Ironfist wrote:
Care is needed or Oolite will consume about 25 hours a day.*
* somewhat conservative estimate

Welcome aboard, Gauntlet! 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

I tried making a ship oxp of an unknown alien ship that was suppose to be mortal enemies of the Thargoids, but I could never get an AI, or script to make it work. Unfortunately, I also lost the model when my computer crashed last year. Might try it again, but I still don't have the scripting, or AI writing skills to make it behave properly.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
GGShinobi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by GGShinobi »

mandoman wrote:
I tried making a ship oxp of an unknown alien ship that was suppose to be mortal enemies of the Thargoids, but I could never get an AI, or script to make it work. Unfortunately, I also lost the model when my computer crashed last year. Might try it again, but I still don't have the scripting, or AI writing skills to make it behave properly.
That reminds me of Smivs Aliens OXP...

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

GGShinobi wrote:
mandoman wrote:
That reminds me of Smivs Aliens OXP...
Oh? I'll be interested to see it, or is it already released. Kind of behind the times, I know. Comes from having my nose in a certain 3D application for too long. :wink:

Oh wait, I already have that one. I always thought the Cylon ships were cool. :)

GGShinobi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by GGShinobi »

mandoman wrote:
Kind of behind the times, I know. Comes from having my nose in a certain 3D application for too long. :wink:
:? Please don't make me feel bad! Sorry man! :( But hey it's worth it!! :o You know! You don't need to play, build my ship!! :twisted:
And what are you doing here in the first place, reading other threads than Ship-Wishlist?? Back to work!!! :evil:
*takes out his whip and slashes wildly*

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I still can't believe how coooooooooooooooool this is to get a real comet!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yay!!! :mrgreen:

And everybody knows: haste makes waste, so take your time and ignore that crazy guy with the whip! :wink:

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

mandoman wrote:
Oh wait, I already have that one. I always thought the Cylon ships were cool. :)
You may be thinking of the wrong one, then.. Smivs' Aliens doesn't have Cylons in it..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Diziet Sma wrote:
mandoman wrote:
You may be thinking of the wrong one, then.. Smivs' Aliens doesn't have Cylons in it..
Oh, you're right. I'm kind of spacey right now. I'll have to download Smivs.