station counts as kill

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: station counts as kill

Post by Thargoid »

OK, I can do it with a Vortex and see the effect you report (with a set of Mil lasers and its turrets) but without the turrets (with a Cobbie3) I can't do enough damage to overcome the recharge rate of a station (100).

So I'll drop a fix into Laser Booster to block extra damage to the main station, but I'll have to leave the kills from the turrets to Cim to fix as that's trunk-side. Cim's fix will deal with the booster one too, but I may as well drop it into the OXP as well for completeness.

Editted to add - Laser Booster 1.01 is uploaded with the fix I suggested above. That should cure the laser kills, but of course won't help turret or other weapon-induced kills. For that Cim's trunk fix will be needed.
Plisken
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Plisken »

well the broken AI might make something behave oddly)]
the only thing that behaves oddly is me- firing at the main station. :D

but you are right , i will keep my eyes open and search for the right topics to report it there in the future.

by the way, my english is very bad- hope you understand me anyway. :roll:

but one thing is on my mind that i don't know where to post:
I'm afraid that if elite dangerous releases- oolite will loose interest of you all fabulous oxp-makers and there will be no further developing of oolite.i hope this will not happen, because i really like the concept of creating your own ooniverse.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Plisken wrote:
I'm afraid that if elite dangerous releases- oolite will loose interest of you all fabulous oxp-makers and there will be no further developing of oolite.i hope this will not happen, because i really like the concept of creating your own ooniverse.
Don't worry about that, we will still be here... and your English is easily understandable, btw.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Plisken wrote:
by the way, my english is very bad- hope you understand me anyway. :roll:
Your English is better than some native English speakers I know in real life. 8)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Indeed - I would also point out that your posts must have been understandable as you've helped me bash bugs in at least two OXPs in the last few days, plus found the small trunk glitch from this thread. We're a very multinational group here, so linguistics are quite flexible - they even understand the alledged English like wot I speak (and I'm a native).

Keep up the good work oh Bugfinder General ;)
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Plisken wrote:
Don't worry about this.

In fact, while many of us here have backed E:D just because we've waited for a new Elite for so long, we're also quite skeptical regarding how the game will turn out. Also, many of us are rather put off by the atmosphere amongst the E:D backing crowd.

So, I don't see a lot of the core forum denizens—especially among the developers and OXPers—abandoning Oolite in favour of E:D. There will be a certain migration, but we've always had a certain amount of fluctuation. That's just natural, and I don't expect E:D to cause a big spike in that. And even if it does, that's already compensated for by the additional attention that Oolite got through the E:D Kickstarter campaign. The influx from over there is already clearly visible, and gives many people (as yourself) the chance to fall in love with Oolite long before they can first lay their hands on E:D. So, at the moment it's quite the contrary: Oolite is gaining interest, and that's a good thing. :D
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I for one won't be going anywhere!
I played Elite 'back in the day' on a C64 and loved it, but never got into any of the sequels. When I found Oolite, I couldn't believe my luck - the old game I loved, but brought up to date and mod-able as well!
E:D is interesting, but no-one really knows yet how it will turn out, and as has been said some of the talk has actually been quite off-putting. Also there is still no firm commitment to a Linux port as far as I know.
So while I watch developments with interest, I have not backed the game, it is unclear whether I will even be able to play the game on my computer and as my real interest these days lies in OXP development I will be staying firmly commited to Oolite now and into the future.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Thargoid wrote:
Keep up the good work oh Bugfinder General ;)
Seconded. Every bug is important, no matter how tiny. e.g. the bug were they tried to squeeze a 64 bit number into a 16 bit address field was quite expensive. :P
And a lot was written about that bug. :)
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Fixed in r5635. Thanks
Plisken
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Plisken »

the old game I loved, but brought up to date and mod-able as well!
this is exactly what i thought,when i discovered oolite.I played elite as a kid the first time on a amiga 500. In 2010 i bought my first pc( some day i had to arrive in 21st century :oops: ) and played frontier via dosbox before i discovered oolite on youtube. i'm playing it for about 2 years(preferably during my nightshifts) and don't seem to get away from it.
my real interest these days lies in OXP development
this is what makes oolite that interesting-it thrives by the expansions.
Every bug is important, no matter how tiny
in the case with the pods.oxp-it wasn't "tiny"-it were 93 kg of platinum-the credits that i needed for a military laser! :lol:
the article is a good reading exercise by the way..

thanks for your answers-this is really the friendliest board this side of Riedquat!