1.77 and OXPs

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: 1.77 and OXPs

Post by Switeck »

Gold/Plat/Gem cargo pods you scoop are the same way, counting as 1 TC each until you dock at a station and they're (mostly) dumped into the ship's safe.
Halfhand
Competent
Competent

Post by Halfhand »

Ah, thanks switeck that explains my bad maths on last nights milk run.
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Every time you scoop up a cargo pod, it will have a weight of 1 ton. The content might be as little as a few grams of gem. Same for scripts. Every time a script awards you gold when in flight, a new 1-ton container is created in your hold, with the gold in it.

Only the drones using up 1 ton smells like a bug, or in Oolite or in the cargo definitions op the oxp.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Halfhand wrote:
01:35:27.596 [script.load.notFound]: ***** ERROR: Could not find script file galNavyTarget-Thargoid.js.

this .js file does not exist on my pc, so i'm not sure which OXP the game is complaining about.
Check AddOns/adcks_behemoths_v1.2.oxp
Halfhand
Competent
Competent

Post by Halfhand »

Thanks Svengali, I had a few other errors from that oxp relating to missing models, didn't bother reporting them because its 1.77 compatibility has already been covered in the oxp list.

I removed adcks_behemoths and that fixed it :)
Competent

Post by Walbrigg »

Hmm, what's the scrap value of an empty cargo pod?

In Real Life, an empty shipping container is an expensive item, going for between one and two thousand pounds. There's a large business in getting them from where they're emptied to where they're needed.

There must be some angle in that somewhere...
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

I'm actually not getting these in my log. I have updated my Oolite to 1.77 through oolite-update, if that makes any difference. Maybe I have some log-switch somewhere to not show warnings? I believe I'm using default values as I have not changed anything.

Anyway, these warnings should not be of concern, collector should still work ok. If I find another way of doing what I'm doing to cause these warnings or if I find a way to prevent showing these, then I'll make a fix. To my understanding, try-catch does not work on warnings :(.

Code: Select all

03:18:22.197 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: ----- JavaScript warning (trophy_col 2.1): Unknown expansion key [trophy_ftzpirate5] in string.
03:18:22.197 [script.javaScript.warning.ooliteDefined]: AddOns/TrophyCollector_2.1.oxp/Config/script.js, line 41.
Halfhand
Competent
Competent

Post by Halfhand »

Good news spara, I have found the problem.

Firstly i made a boob in forgetting that i had replaced my exe with a built one, i only realised this when i checked filestamps and sizes just now, don't know when, dont know why :(

When i built from source i built for release as per instructions on the bb, but that did NOT turn off the debug macro NDEBUG, i had to build for "release-deployment" which isn't mentioned anywhere on the bb, i found it in the makefiles.

after I built for "release-deployment" the warning disappeared and all was once again well in the ooniverse.

sorry for the wild goose chase, I hope I didn't waste too much of your time :oops:

Maybe this was a clue that i missed
Eric Walch wrote:
Although, these messages should not be present in a deployment build were no console will be available in the first place.
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Halfhand wrote:
sorry for the wild goose chase, I hope I didn't waste too much of your time :oops:
It's ok :D. It does not hurt to check one's own code and logic every now and then. New ideas may pop and occasionally bugs may be found.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Halfhand wrote:
When i built from source i built for release as per instructions on the bb, but that did NOT turn off the debug macro NDEBUG, i had to build for "release-deployment" which isn't mentioned anywhere on the bb, i found it in the makefiles.

after I built for "release-deployment" the warning disappeared and all was once again well in the ooniverse.
Deployment Releases are a relatively new concept in Oolite, so there is not much written on the subject. Also, most people doing their own builds tend to build trunk releases, so having debug enabled for those makes good sense.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied