Oolite 1.77 test & logs

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Oolite 1.77 test & logs

Post by ZygoUgo »

Evening fellow adventurers, I am currently messing about still trying to get JavaScript to do stuff and have patched 1.77DEP to TEST configuration, however despite enabling extras in the log-config file, Oolite no longer seems to tell me where my script is falling over, there are no line/character hints whatsoever, and me not being knowledgeable enough yet am floundering about a bit hoping to twig why it isn't working.
In fact there is absolutely no acknowledgement of the script at all, but it does acknowledge that the OXP folder is there. I'm presuming there are syntax or other errors causing the script to be a non-script, but Oolite no longer seems to tell me anything :? Help!
Is there something I need to do or enable to reactivate these messages in the log file?
Thanks for any help! :)
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Oolite 1.77 test & logs

Post by Cody »

ZygoUgo wrote:
Is there something I need to do or enable to reactivate these messages in the log file?
[dumb pilot mode]No idea about that... but have you tried installing a trunk nightly? The logging may be better in that.[/dumb pilot mode]
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Is that the install from the project page listed as 1.77-test (whole) or do you mean the trunk version you have to build?
Thanks for replying promptly
Cody

Post by Cody »

The nightly build. Pick your OS flavour from here... it installs easy, just like the deployment build.
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Oh great! :) Thanks a muchly, never seen that page before, bookmarking ;)
Cody

Post by Cody »

I've no idea if it'll help, but it's the cutting edge of dev (or so I'm told... heh). It will sit happily alongside the deployment build too.
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

If I can get this OXP to work I'll make sure there's a chance the player may meet you in passing :)
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

ZygoUgo wrote:
Evening fellow adventurers, I am currently messing about still trying to get JavaScript to do stuff and have patched 1.77DEP to TEST configuration, however despite enabling extras in the log-config file,
If the nightly download works and 1.77TEST doesn't I'd be very surprised, since they should be the same code (a few very recent bug-fixes which shouldn't be relevant here aside) and the same build options.

Things to check: if you have a logcontrol.plist file in your AddOns folder; if the world-scripts.plist file in the OXP exists, is correctly named, and correctly formatted.
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Hi Cim thanks for your help, I had indeed forgotten to add the world scripts plist, adding it at least got the scripts' existence acknowledged yet there is still no help as to why it isn't working. I think the problem here is that I've ironed out the kind of mistakes that would cause a response and it is my lack of knowledge on how to piece these new ideas together that is causing it not to work, so it silently does nothing instead :/ All the correct kind of stuff is in there, it's just not hung together right.
I'll keep plugging away at it till it does something that I can wrangle into action, got lots of ideas but am still getting the cutlery too mixed up to tuck in :? Rather frustrating :)

EDIT:Thanks for the replys chaps, helped me pin point what was/n't happening, got the ball rolling with it now