Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Griff's normalmapped ship remakes

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Griff's normalmapped ship remakes

Post by Gimi »

I like that a lot Griff. Would suggest making the decal a lot smaller to give it a more exclusive look though. (I think that might work).
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Your box.com site is out of bandwidth. :( Wanted to download this new ship as well... :cry:
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Pleb wrote:
Your box.com site is out of bandwidth. Wanted to download this new ship as well...
[this link has self-destructed]
Gimi wrote:
I like that a lot Griff. Would suggest making the decal a lot smaller to give it a more exclusive look though.
<nods> A bit smaller, anyway.
Last edited by Cody on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Thanks for hosting the Oxp El Viejo, i hadn't noticed the box site was out of bandwidth!
I've also copied it to Gimi's "Griff Overload" box.net page as well https://www.box.com/s/l3f04h9yz15jqhthak8r

Yeah the decal needs a better placement, to be honest the ship looks better without one as it's quite 'busy' with all the 'hull plate lines' etc on it, maybe placing the decal on the back might be better, i'll have an experiment and post up some decal settings to try out
Cody

Post by Cody »

Should I link to your folder on my Box, Griff? I have eight of your OXPs in there, atm... you can add/remove as you wish.
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Thanks El Viejo! :D
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Griff -
As always, you have space on DHI.com. I've long made it freely available to you for as many OXP's as you wish to store, and don't see that changing.
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Lol Griff, your OXPs are so popular that not only have you run out of bandwidth on your box account, but everyone else with space is jumping at the chance to host your OXPs! A sign of celebrity status among Ooliters! 8)

BTW I'm liking the new Fer-de-Lance, but as was said before perhaps making the decal slightly smaller might work.

GGShinobi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by GGShinobi »

Griff wrote:
Had yet another go at texturing the Fer-De-Lance, third attempt at it now! Decided not to bother remodelling it, instead i just retextured the original model i made yonks ago and added a few extra polygon bevels near the exhaust to make it a bit smoother looking
It's available at my box.net site, file name is griff_ferdelance_new2013.zip and will work alongside the other two fer-de-lance attempts in my shipset (Ie it won't overwrite any files or anything)
Ooooh yeaaaah!! 8)
忍 knowing that enough is enough, you'll always have enough.

Running Oolite 1.77 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Again I will offer - my webspace never runs out of bandwidth, Griff. I have 100GB, with 99GB free, and you are welcome to use some of it. The griff ships are big files and the box accounts may struggle, so if you want to use my webspace to host them you are more than welcome.

I can set up exclusive FTP to your own dedicated area of the site and even put together a microsite for you to link to the files if you would like.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Wow Guys, thank you all very much for offering to help host the oxp's! What an amazingly helpful COomunity we have here - everyone just dives in to help! I'm not sure why my box.net site's gone over it's bandwidth again, must still be excitment from the Elite:Dangerous kickstarter, i've never noticed it go over 20% of it's monthly allowance before.

I think out of all the oxp that i have at box, the only one that it's a shame if it goes offline for a month is the shaded blackmonks oxp - prehaps we should find a new home for that? All my shipset ones you can get at Cmd. Cheyd's Deep Horizons page and El Viejo and Gimi have some emergency box.net folders for the occasional one off oxp i manage to get around to making which has it all covered i think
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

PM me if you want to use my webspace. As I said, UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH!! FOR FREE!!!!1!!1!!!one

Jeez, I can't even give it away. ;-)
Jeffers2112
Average
Average

Post by Jeffers2112 »

Slightly ot but I've been trying to get Griff's Alloys and wreckage OXP, and that's caught in the out of bandwidth.

I reckon that the Dangerous Kickstarter is responsible for a lot of this. I know that it got me into Oolite and I've been adding OXPs by the handful!
Best regards,
Jeff
Cody

Post by Cody »

Jeffers2112 wrote:
Slightly ot but I've been trying to get Griff's Alloys and wreckage OXP, and that's caught in the out of bandwidth.
[this link has self-destructed]
Last edited by Cody on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeffers2112
Average
Average

Post by Jeffers2112 »

And another OXP for my collection.... (over 50 now!)
Best regards,
Jeff