Ship Wishlist!!! :-D

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

maaarcooose
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Ship Wishlist!!! :-D

Post by maaarcooose »

The Odyssey from Ulysses 31.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... imarco.jpg

Oh yeah!!!!

!m!
Trading computers and writing stuff....
OOliteInfo: http://www.theramist.co.uk/ooliteinfo/oo.php
maaarcooose
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by maaarcooose »

Oh, and the X-Bomber from Star Fleet.
http://www.sfxb.co.uk/lookingfx/LookInF ... 2Page2.jpg

Centari Warship from B5

The Sulaco (probably a 3D mesh of that out there anyway)
http://lcarsgfx.files.wordpress.com/201 ... o-blog.png

!m!
Trading computers and writing stuff....
OOliteInfo: http://www.theramist.co.uk/ooliteinfo/oo.php
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Well, if we're B5-ing, we will definitely need a Narn G'Quan-class Heavy Cruiser :D

Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Smivs wrote:
Well, if we're B5-ing...
We already have an Omega-class destroyer - in-game too (well... sort of).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

GGShinobi wrote:
:shock: mandoman, that shape already looks awesome :-D
That's why I remarked that if anyone can make it happen, it's mandoman.. despite his modesty, the guy is King, when it comes to spheres, curves, and unusually-shaped ships in Oolite.
GGShinobi wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
Which, because of the detachable nosecone section, is just crying out for Smivs latest Oo-tech
Hmm, what is this "Oo-tech" you're talking about :?: :roll: :mrgreen:
See this thread for the exciting details. :wink:

And before I forget..
GGShinobi wrote:
I found the awe-inspiring Millenium Falcon and the Star Destroyer and other cool ships which have been imported from "other realities" to Oolite.
Since you're a Falcon fan, you might find this thread, explaining how to enable the turrets on the player version, and even add a scoop-cam to compensate for the offset cockpit position, of considerable interest. :wink:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Rorschachhamster wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
I once got promised an Orion by a guy named Jagen Ordo, but sadly he disappeared before he delivered.

I wouldn't mind someone else picking up the idea. :D
I had the idea to do this some time ago... I got distracted by wikipedia trivia. Did you know the fabolous bridge set was destroyed because nobody cared back then?
… like so many other things. Think about the common BBC practice of re-using tapes of shows once they were aired …
Rorschachhamster wrote:
So, do you have a better ressource site than a quick google search would bring up? :D
No resource site at all. It wasn't too hard to find the picture for my avatar, because it only needed to be 100 pixels wide, so I never looked further.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Commander McLane wrote:
I once got promised an Orion by a guy named Jagen Ordo, but sadly he disappeared before he delivered.
Perhaps you should contact him.. he still hangs out on his deviantart page, and he did say it was ready before he disappeared..
Jagen Ordo wrote:
Alright, Orion model is complete, just needs a texture.
But seeing that the original was just different greys, I should be able to do it.
Seeing that Oosat2 doesn't seem to be the site of choice anymore, where (and how) should I upload stuff?
http://colonel-azzameen.deviantart.com/

Edit: He's used the model in some of his art, so it is finished.. you should send him a reminder..
http://colonel-azzameen.deviantart.com/ ... 499&qo=111
http://colonel-azzameen.deviantart.com/ ... 499&qo=114
Last edited by Diziet Sma on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Since I read the Orion post, I decided to have a go at a model. I've finished a shape and put the hard lines in the right place - opinions? If it's acceptable I'll start chopping it up for texturing.

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Diziet Sma wrote:
GGShinobi wrote:
:shock: mandoman, that shape already looks awesome :-D
That's why I remarked that if anyone can make it happen, it's mandoman.. despite his modesty, the guy is King, when it comes to spheres, curves, and unusually-shaped ships in Oolite.
Awe, gee, shucks. Does that mean I should keep working on it? It's a pretty cool ship, for sure. :D
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

mandoman wrote:
Awe, gee, shucks. Does that mean I should keep working on it? It's a pretty cool ship, for sure. :D
I think you might have to deal with a rather upset GGShinobi if you didn't :lol: :mrgreen:
GGShinobi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by GGShinobi »

Diziet Sma wrote:
GGShinobi wrote:
Hmm, what is this "Oo-tech" you're talking about :?: :roll: :mrgreen:
See this thread for the exciting details. :wink:
Aaah I see! Wow!! Cool! :o
Diziet Sma wrote:
Since you're a Falcon fan, you might find this thread, explaining how to enable the turrets on the player version, and even add a scoop-cam to compensate for the offset cockpit position, of considerable interest. :wink:
Thanks for the link! I have to admit I cheated myself a Falcon-S which I use for testing purposes hehe, and I had already fixed the gun turrets. But I've overlooked the scoop cam! Hmm.. :roll: unfortunately I can't use external views because I'm using that mean [wiki]Sniper Camera System HUD[/wiki] :twisted: But I made the modifications to the shipdata.plist anyway, so I'll at least to check it out! :D Thanks! :mrgreen:
mandoman wrote:
Eeerm goooood question mandoman, let me think about that... :roll: hmmmmmmmmm .... veeeery difficult decision....

But I think the answer is

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yes please!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT: corrected link to Sniper Camera System
Last edited by GGShinobi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
忍 knowing that enough is enough, you'll always have enough.

Running Oolite 1.77 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Selezen wrote:
Since I read the Orion post, I decided to have a go at a model. I've finished a shape and put the hard lines in the right place - opinions? If it's acceptable I'll start chopping it up for texturing.
No-one? Did I imagine I posted a question??
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

GGShinobi wrote:
unfortunately I can't use external views because I'm using that mean [wiki]Sniper Camera System[/wiki] :twisted: But I made the modifications to the shipdata.plist anyway, so I'll at least to check it out! :D Thanks! :mrgreen:
There is a workaround.. Wildeblood's "HUD Vanisher". With it installed, your external views are usable again. It's been withdrawn, pending updating, but I'll PM you a link.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Selezen wrote:
Selezen wrote:
No-one? Did I imagine I posted a question??
Perhaps you should wait for Commander McLane to log in again, since it was his request.. :wink:
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Yeah, but no-one else wants to comment?? On THIS forum? ;-)

Maybe it's because we're polite - "if there's nothing positive to say, don't say anything and hope he vanished back into the swamp..."