Tharglets

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Tharglets

Post by Solonar »

While using trunk 5610, I observed a discrepancy in the bounty of inactive tharglets. Upon death of the mother thargon and the tharglets becoming inactive, the bounty scanner reports a bounty of 5 credits for the inactive tharglets but destroying them rewards 50 credits.

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Tharglets

Post by another_commander »

Tharglets have always been 50Cr's worth. This is a problem with the OXP reporting it as 5Cr.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Post by UK_Eliter »

Solonar wrote:
While using trunk 5610, I observed a discrepancy in the bounty of inactive tharglets. Upon death of the mother thargon and the tharglets becoming inactive, the bounty scanner reports a bounty of 5 credits for the inactive tharglets but destroying them rewards 50 credits.
I've found this too. More specifically, I've found that, in the released (not trunk) version of 1.77, it happens a lot more than it did in the previous release (although it did happen sometimes then too). I think that at least some of it may be down to the wrong bounty being set in, I think, a Griff Shipset OXP (and possibly only a older version of that OXP). I am investigating . . (and apologies to Griff if I am wrong).
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

1.77 does have a change from 1.76 that Thargoid ships only have their bounty set on creation (and perhaps by OXP scripts later), not by anything else. Possibly in normal play the Tharglets would tend to shoot something official and get an increased bounty, while in 1.77 that doesn't affect their status.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

No, it is an oxp bug in the bounty scanner that does not handle the special case of tharglets.

The scanner only displays 10% of the bounty when it is cargo and scanned for the first time. So, tharglets that were scanned before they go inactive, are shown with the correct bounty, but tharglets scanned for the first time then they are already converted to cargo only show 10% of the original bounty. :roll:

And that is not a new bug and should have no relation with the Oolite version.