Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[RELEASE] MilHUD 4000

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] MilHUD 4000

Post by Wildeblood »

M4000 version 1.1.2 fixes a stupid bug with which the high-contrast centre patch was being reset to medium brightness on every launch, instead of its setting being saved. (I can't believe no-one complained to me about that. :shock: ) Also there is a method to over-ride the breakable scanner from within the game - no need to poke around inside the OXP - for players who don't like breakable equipment.
Dustin542
Average
Average

Post by Dustin542 »

When using this HUD recently, the witchspace countdown and cycling through N-key equipment is set at just behind the compass. Maybe I did something wrong with the sniper sight or its the resolution I'm using (1280x768).
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Dustin542 wrote:
When using this HUD recently, the witchspace countdown and cycling through N-key equipment is set at just behind the compass. Maybe I did something wrong with the sniper sight or its the resolution I'm using (1280x768).
I'm guessing you're also using AI Trading Assistant, which moves the messages to the lower-left corner so they aren't written over the market data? As I wrote a month ago:-
Wildeblood wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
On trading all looks good, however in flight, it has altered the place that messages come up, they come up under my HUD and I can't now read them.
That means your flight HUD is missing a definition for the message interface, so once it's changed on the market screen, it stays changed. I must admit here that MilHUD 4000 is one HUD that also lacks such a definition, and suffers this problem. I've been meaning to update it for weeks.
And I'm still full of good intentions, but have no time for Oolite recently.
private_lock
Average
Average

Post by private_lock »

Erm ... is this oxp still available? box.com says:
Oops — this shared file or folder link has been removed.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

private_lock wrote:
Erm ... is this oxp still available? box.com says:
Oops — this shared file or folder link has been removed.
Sorry, not for the time being. I took all my OXPs down and I'm just re-uploading them one at a time as I get around to testing/fixing them for Oolite 1.77.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Wildeblood wrote:
Ad_Astra wrote:
Am I just being blind (which would explain my dogfighting style) or is there no link anywhere to the new updated version of the MilHUD 4000 that came out on 6th April?
In the first post, top of thread, up there ^. Where it says:-

Download MilHUD 4000 OXP here.

The link should take you to a download file called milhud-4000_1.1.1_oxp.zip, and Sniper Sight 2.0.3 is now bundled into the same OXP (There are two READ ME files in the .zip, but only one OXP). If you've got an older version of Sniper Sight remove it or you'll have no scanner on screen. The scanner in MilHUD 4000 version 1.1 turns cyan to maximize contrast with hostile ships during combat, as previously, but now turns bright red during other red alert conditions, such as low altitude or overheating. Also, for a bit more of a combat challenge, the scanner can now be knocked out temporarily during combat, and will blank out, but will reset itself once combat is over (assuming the player survives). :twisted:
The link appears dead, are there any other links to this hud, I'd like to try it....?
http://www.box.com/s/c205cda7b1c51e0944f1

thanks,
CmdrLuke (Bogatyr)
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Bogatyr wrote:
The link appears dead, are there any other links to this hud, I'd like to try it....?
Okay, I'll re-upload version 1.1.2 later tonight and PM you the link, and you can tell me if it works okay with Oolite 1.77. :?:
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Wildeblood wrote:
Bogatyr wrote:
Okay, I'll re-upload version 1.1.2 later tonight and PM you the link, and you can tell me if it works okay with Oolite 1.77. :?:
Sure!
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Wildeblood wrote:
Dustin542 wrote:
I'm guessing you're also using AI Trading Assistant, which moves the messages to the lower-left corner so they aren't written over the market data? As I wrote a month ago:-
Wildeblood wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
On trading all looks good, however in flight, it has altered the place that messages come up, they come up under my HUD and I can't now read them.
That means your flight HUD is missing a definition for the message interface, so once it's changed on the market screen, it stays changed. I must admit here that MilHUD 4000 is one HUD that also lacks such a definition, and suffers this problem. I've been meaning to update it for weeks.
And I'm still full of good intentions, but have no time for Oolite recently.
Hmm. So I finally added the message and communications log definitions to M4000, so it will be compatible with AI Trading Assistant, started it up and found some javascript exceptions in my Latest.log file, which I think I've fixed, so it should now be usable with Oolite 1.77, and gave it a stupid, long version number. :mrgreen:

M4000 version 1.1.2.2
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

I'm trying this new version and found a problem with the log screen alignment.

Screenshot
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Tichy wrote:
I'm trying this new version and found a problem with the log screen alignment.
Thanks for helping out, Tichy. But let me be clear, this is not a new version. If I were making this now, for Oolite 1.77 only, it would be very different.

What is your complaint about the comm log alignment? As far as I know the message gui and comm log gui definitions are the same as Oolite's default HUD.
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tichy »

I noticed that the text goes out of the blue background and both are detached from the top of the screen.
I don't know if the last one is intentional, but the text going out of the background looked strange to me.
ozhank
Competent
Competent

How to get rid of milhud and use other huds

Post by ozhank »

Not sure where this post goes, and can't find answer anywhere.

I've been using milhud 4000 for a while on a number of different ships and want to either use the defaults for each ship or try out some other huds. I've deleted the milhud oxp but everyship still uses it. How do I get rid of it?

I have tried the shift down while reloading to force reading all oxp's back in, but it's still there!

Another question - how do I force a particular ship to use a particular hud?
"Blessed are the cracked, for they let the light shine in". Spike Milligan

Debian 9.* XFCE4 on Toshiba Laptop
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: How to get rid of milhud and use other huds

Post by Wildeblood »

ozhank wrote:
I've deleted the milhud oxp but everyship still uses it. How do I get rid of it?

I have tried the shift down while reloading to force reading all oxp's back in, but it's still there!
Are you using Linux?
ozhank wrote:
Another question - how do I force a particular ship to use a particular hud?
If it's a normal, unscripted HUD, just by adding hud = "myHUD.plist"; to the shipdata.plist.
ozhank
Competent
Competent

Post by ozhank »

Yes using Ubuntu 12.04 and want to try out the HoloNumHud. I guess it is a scripted hud because there are lots of .js files
"Blessed are the cracked, for they let the light shine in". Spike Milligan

Debian 9.* XFCE4 on Toshiba Laptop