Gratuitous self promotion - new book

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Gratuitous self promotion - new book

Post by DaddyHoggy »

My Writers Group WordWatchers (http://www.wordwatchers.net) has released its first ever book.

It's a varied mixture, includes a Sci-Fi story from yours truly and for those with significant others might be interested to know that this collection includes stories from Award Winning Historical Romance Writer, Charlotte Betts and International Best Seller, Katherine Webb (who was a member until she moved away from the area).

Kindle version to follow early in 2013...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0957287526/

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Of-Time-WordW ... 957287526/
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
DaddyHoggy

Re: Gratuitous self promotion - new book

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Update:

Now available as Kindle and iBook (nice and cheap in these formats too) - all links from this page here: http://www.wordwatchers.net/books/out-of-time/

If anybody does buy it, could they let me know - more for demographic purposes than anything!

Cheers,

John
Selezen wrote:
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Got it via iTunes
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Just installed the kindle for PC app and grabbed a copy of the book from Amazon, it's a really great story DH! The opening idea is just awesome! :D
plus amazon went on to recomend i try Bruno Tonioli's (from strictly) autobiography next in it's 'based on your recent purchases' section which is as good as scoring a 10 and some wild hip thrusts for you all :lol:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Thank-you guys! Much appreciated. Glad you like the idea for "We are the Stranded" Griff, a variation of this story won our internal short story comp a few years ago (a great honour - previous winners include Charlotte Betts and Katherine Webb and they're now both published, Internationally noted, authors in their respective genres :) )
Selezen wrote:
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Downloaded for my Kindle app on my iPhone.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Tricky wrote:
Thank-you Tricky. The Kindle format certainly seems to be the most popular (although we have sold a score of paperbacks in the first two weeks of release - so clearly still a few traditionalists in the world)
Selezen wrote:
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Tricky wrote:
Thank-you Tricky. The Kindle format certainly seems to be the most popular (although we have sold a score of paperbacks in the first two weeks of release - so clearly still a few traditionalists in the world)
I haven't honestly purchased, but I would like to take the opportunity to assert my own "traditionalism": a long-time friend was over at the house yesterday, and I was encouraging him to stick with hard copy textbooks (as opposed to using his kindle) - and moreover, to keep those textbooks. The single biggest reason why I haven't read every piece of Oo-fiction available is my severe dislike of reading from a computer screen :( (something I should really get over ;)).

Edit: Point to story - I would infinitely rather read from an actual book :mrgreen:
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

CommRLock78 wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
Tricky wrote:
I haven't honestly purchased, but I would like to take the opportunity to assert my own "traditionalism": a long-time friend was over at the house yesterday, and I was encouraging him to stick with hard copy textbooks (as opposed to using his kindle) - and moreover, to keep those textbooks. The single biggest reason why I haven't read every piece of Oo-fiction available is my severe dislike of reading from a computer screen :( (something I should really get over ;)).

Edit: Point to story - I would infinitely rather read from an actual book :mrgreen:
Which is, oddly, in the run up to Christmas, why we released the paperback version first! Much better to hand over a wrapped physical object than point at somebody's Kindle screen and go "Look what I just bought you." :wink:

Of course after Christmas, lots of people got iPads and Kindles for Christmas so it was silly not to try and capitalise on that market too - and post-Christmas we have sold more electronic copies than physical ones...
Selezen wrote:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Well the Paperback version just got its first review on Amazon (UK), it was 5*, it was from somebody who had actually bought the book (no sockpuppetry here) and my SF story actually gets a mention in the review. Happy days (from a writers point-of-view that's considered a very good start to 2013!): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Of-Time-Wor ... 957287526/

We're trying to work out why Amazon don't think the Kindle version and Paperback version are the same book - as I've just noticed the Kindle version has a different, but also 5* review...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Time-WordWa ... 00AT1LI9W/

Thanks again for the support from the Forum members, much appreciated.
Selezen wrote:
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

I read your story on Saturday, excellent reading! I love how you explore the ramifications of the core idea which I don't want to spoil here ;-)
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

maik wrote:
I read your story on Saturday, excellent reading! I love how you explore the ramifications of the core idea which I don't want to spoil here ;-)
There isn't an emoticon with a big enough smile to encapsulate how that makes me feel, so I will go for quantity instead.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Selezen wrote: