[RELEASE]Mandotech Industries Station

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE]Mandotech Industries Station

Post by mandoman »

Mandotech Industries is a fledgling ship building company, striving for excellence in a Galaxy full of greatness. Mandotech's main goal is to make useful ships for all types of use, including shipping, warcraft, and leisure. At this time Mandotech Industries is working on a fleet of ships, not yet sure of it's final destination, but intending it to be among the most formidable fleets in known space. They have, in fact, the beginnings of their new Super Carrier in each of their eight stations. The Mandotech Station has a fully operational ship yard, and trade center, and due to it's enormous size is capable of docking many of the largest ships, not able to fit into the System Main Station. There is a Mandotech station in all eight Galactec Sectors, in systems with a tech level of no less the 13, all either Confederate systems, or Democracies. Every system is an Industrial based system, and Mandotech has been careful to build their stations well away from the system main station in each system, to avoid any confussion. The systems in each Galactic Sector, beginning in Sector One, are as follows: S1 - Rexebe; S2 - Tezaeded; S3 - Lezaer; S4 - Gebiisso S5 - Zaeredre; S6 - Oresmaa; S7 - Quandixe; S8 - Esusale.

Special thanks to Pagroove, and Griff for the use of their excellent work in figuring station position, rotation, etc. Very Hugely Great Thanks for the work Zieman put into this oxp. It would not have happened without such help as he provided.

https://www.box.com/s/2sjd0vec1ruu632jawnj

Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
Zieman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE]Mandotech Industries Station

Post by Zieman »

Oh yeah, this one's one immense structure to begin with. Due to multiple rotations on different axis I had to position some bits a bit unconventionally, and it looks like some NPCs may have some difficulty in docking because of that.
A few times it even looked like the NPC ships were still closing in on the station having an approach vector inside the approach cone (seemingly centered on main entity center), when they crashed just wide of the dock, not having switched to final approach along dock-buoy line.

And, umm, seems that the full credits for all those code snippets I borrowed/adjusted for this OXP has disappeared into cyberspace... I think that credit should go to where it belongs, so here's the list (I don't want to claim anyone's inventions my own):

Code: Select all

Commander McLane & Thargoid
- station orientation code base I took from Fuel Station OXP by Thargoid, and Thargoid took it from McLane's Anarchies

Thargoid
- station placement code and check to prevent duplicates derived from Superhub OXP

Ark (possibly also another_commander and/or Eric Walch)
- station buoy placement adapted from Your Ad here OXP

Griff & pagroove
- shader code and working mechanics of the docking bay flashers adjusted from PAGroove Stations OXP
EDIT
Forgot to mention that JS scripts have comments that state where I have borrowed code, and the shader files also mention where they come from.
And last, but not least, Scrambled pseudorandom number code by Jens Ayton is also in use (as mentioned on comment line of the JS script that uses it).
Last edited by Zieman on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
...and keep it under lightspeed!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat

[EliteWiki] Far Arm ships
[EliteWiki] Z-ships
[EliteWiki] Baakili Far Trader
[EliteWiki] Tin of SPAM
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Thanks for that clarification, Zieman. I knew there were others, but couldn't remember them when I posted the release. I didn't think to look at past PMs to get those names. Maybe I should change back to the donkey avatar. :oops:

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Details now up on the eight relevant Galaxy Guide planet pages
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

What? :?:

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

mandoman wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:41 pm
What? :?:
You stated that
There is a Mandotech station in all eight Galactic Sectors, in systems with a tech level of no less the 13, all either Confederate systems, or Democracies. Every system is an Industrial based system, and Mandotech has been careful to build their stations well away from the system main station in each system, to avoid any confusion. The systems in each Galactic Sector, beginning in Sector One, are as follows: S1 - Rexebe; S2 - Tezaeded; S3 - Lezaer; S4 - Gebiisso S5 - Zaeredre; S6 - Oresmaa; S7 - Quandixe; S8 - Esusale.
I've added your Station under the OXP list on each relevant page.

Here: have a look! http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Sector6/Oresmaa at the bottom of the page below Witchspace routes & Trade.

You are one of the few people to have done something which affects a system in every galaxy (others include RSS and the Tionisla Chronicle Array)!

Oh! And have you seen what cbr has been doing with some of your ships?
Persephone (Perseus on next page)... https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 07#p278707
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Wow!!! Glad those ships are still providing material for creation. :)

montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

mandoman wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:40 am
Would you mind if, as soon as I am available again, I start to take your creations to the expansion manager ? Some adjustment might be required and since you have a lot of ships out there it will take time. :wink:
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Sure. Do what you want with them. I designed them to be open for everyone to mess with if they want.

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:18 pm
mandoman wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:40 am
Would you mind if, as soon as I am available again, I start to take your creations to the expansion manager ? Some adjustment might be required and since you have a lot of ships out there it will take time. :wink:

Montana, if you do manage this (and wonderful if you do!), the Mandotech Shipyard could do with more than just the market being fixed. As you can see, the construction scaffolds are empty/almost empty and could do with something in them! I presume it is a nightmare to manage, thanks to all the revolving revolutions, but when I visited Rexebe to admire this masterpiece, there was a just a little bit of work going on in one of the four scaffolds.

As far as I know this is the only shipyard where you can see anything "going on" in Oolite.

Comments wanted:
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:31 pm
Montana, if you do manage this (and wonderful if you do!), the Mandotech Shipyard could do with more than just the market being fixed. As you can see, the construction scaffolds are empty/almost empty and could do with something in them! I presume it is a nightmare to manage, thanks to all the revolving revolutions, but when I visited Rexebe to admire this masterpiece, there was a just a little bit of work going on in one of the four scaffolds.

As far as I know this is the only shipyard where you can see anything "going on" in Oolite.
Technically, it's easy to assign additional subentities (ships under construction) to the station. However, it will take a while. The little time I currently have left for Oolite I invest to finish some of the pending OXP's, unfortunately there are now plenty waiting in the queue.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:52 am
Cholmondely wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:31 pm

Technically, it's easy to assign additional subentities (ships under construction) to the station. However, it will take a while. The little time I currently have left for Oolite I invest to finish some of the pending OXP's, unfortunately there are now plenty waiting in the queue.
No hurry! And every little bit is good!
Comments wanted: