Beta OXPs for Trunk 1.77

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Beta OXPs for Trunk 1.77

Post by Thargoid »

The name packs just add more (different) moon names. The more you have, the wider the pool of available names that the compass can choose from.

But for a given set of moon packs installed you should always get the same names when you enter a given system (but if you add or remove packs that may of course change).

PF taxi should still work, although it is on my to-do list to update it to make use of the compass and the new names if they are installed.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Can we also hijack this thread for other OXP developers to include their 1.77 trunk downloads?

For example, here's Svengali's Developer's Edge folder on Box for OXPConfig, BGS, Snoopers and CCL.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Richard-H wrote:
Thargoid,

with 1.77 r5555 and Planetfall v1.51a i can not land every try it ends with a crash in the planet
and also with the old version v1.50 ( oldversion on 1.76.1 works )
nothing in the latestlog

can you confirm this

edit 1
after looking at my old logs this is what i found
15:21:00.301 [Ships Log]: Cobra Courier Approaches surface of the moon Arriesen
15:21:02.811 [Ships Log]: System Info - Ship has docked at Moon of Arriesen - Mine - Arriesen

with 1.77 r5555 i do not see the " Approaches surface of the xxxxxx " in my logs
it could be that the even handler is not working
Firstly can you confirm that your test ship actually had the planetary landing capability purchased and it hadn't expired?

I just checked with v5561 and on my system it's working fine with beta 1.51a. You won't be able to land in trunk using the 1.76.1 version, as the update in 1.77 for the new virtual docks makes the station too large for its old location and so it explodes (when you land, you'll just launch again immediately).

If neither of the above are relevant, can you also confirm which OS you're running please?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

JazHaz wrote:
Can we also hijack this thread for other OXP developers to include their 1.77 trunk downloads?

For example, here's Svengali's Developer's Edge folder on Box for OXPConfig, BGS, Snoopers and CCL.
Personally I have no objection to that (it was actually my original intention), although given everything so far has been focussed on my betas then it may get confusing at this stage. Also of course the first post will only link to my OXPs (I can add a link to Svengali's folder though, that's no issue).

But I'm not sure how much other OXP'ers monitor this thread, so posts/reports also may get lost or go unseen.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Have added a link as well.-)

PS: Maybe its better to link to the topic instead. c&p ready ->

Code: Select all

[url=https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12637]Moar trunk stuffffff (or drunk?)[/url]
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Svengali wrote:
Have added a link as well.-)

PS: Maybe its better to link to the topic instead. c&p ready ->

Code: Select all

[url=https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12637]Moar trunk stuffffff (or drunk?)[/url]
Have both ;)
Richard-H
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Richard-H »

Thargoid wrote:
Richard-H wrote:
Thargoid,

with 1.77 r5555 and Planetfall v1.51a i can not land every try it ends with a crash in the planet
and also with the old version v1.50 ( oldversion on 1.76.1 works )
nothing in the latestlog

can you confirm this

edit 1
after looking at my old logs this is what i found
15:21:00.301 [Ships Log]: Cobra Courier Approaches surface of the moon Arriesen
15:21:02.811 [Ships Log]: System Info - Ship has docked at Moon of Arriesen - Mine - Arriesen

with 1.77 r5555 i do not see the " Approaches surface of the xxxxxx " in my logs
it could be that the even handler is not working
Firstly can you confirm that your test ship actually had the planetary landing capability purchased and it hadn't expired?

I just checked with v5561 and on my system it's working fine with beta 1.51a. You won't be able to land in trunk using the 1.76.1 version, as the update in 1.77 for the new virtual docks makes the station too large for its old location and so it explodes (when you land, you'll just launch again immediately).

If neither of the above are relevant, can you also confirm which OS you're running please?
Thargoid,

my OS is linux
first i upgrade 1.77 to r5564 you never know
looked at EQ_PLANETFALL in my save file
tried planetary landing capability beta 1.51a. again but for some reason i can not land nor on a planet nor on a moon

tomorrow i am going to test without any oxp to rule out any other possible problems with my 57 other oxp's
Richard

The only reason I recognize typos is because I make so many of them myself ...
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Just tested it under Lubuntu, and there is something odd going on here. The equipment seems to be awarded twice for some reason when it is present or purchased, and whilst you get the messages issued when you go towards the planet, you do crash into it rather than landing.

I'll check a bit more over the next few days and see what is and isn't firing and try and confirm.

Editted to add - it looks like shipApproachingPlanetSurface isn't firing under Linux. I'll flip back to Windows and confirm with the same test code there, but it would certainly cause the planetary splat issue...
Richard-H
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Richard-H »

Thargoid wrote:
Just tested it under Lubuntu, and there is something odd going on here. The equipment seems to be awarded twice for some reason when it is present or purchased, and whilst you get the messages issued when you go towards the planet, you do crash into it rather than landing.

I'll check a bit more over the next few days and see what is and isn't firing and try and confirm.

Editted to add - it looks like shipApproachingPlanetSurface isn't firing under Linux. I'll flip back to Windows and confirm with the same test code there, but it would certainly cause the planetary splat issue...
Thargoid,

r 5569 solves the problem i can land

thanks for your help
Richard

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Confirmed - glad we were able to get that resolved before 1.77 came out.

All thanks goes to Cim for the fix though, and your good self for spotting it.
Richard-H
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Richard-H »

Thargoid wrote:
Confirmed - glad we were able to get that resolved before 1.77 came out.

All thanks goes to Cim for the fix though, and your good self for spotting it.
I have landed several times now i like what it has become this version and
with al te hard work the dev's put in to this new 1.77 version it s a total new game

my thanks go out to you en cim for solving
Richard

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I've just updated the Commodity Market OXP to 0.2 to cure the price-cap error (I thought I'd done that before, but maybe not) and also uploaded the beta of Lave Academy for 1.77 to give it the proper distinct docks rather than using the virtual dock.
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

While using the cargo spotter on trunk 5592, the spotter works correctly in that it illuminates scoopable cargo. I like the different colors, by the way. However, sometimes the colored lights still remain even after the cargo is scooped and no longer exists. It will be just the colored lights floating in the vastness of space. Toggling the spotter off and then on does remove the colored lights and the missing cargoes are no longer illuminated.

It is a similar problem to what I reported with the Escape Pod Locator.

Reference Escape Pod Locator thread here,....

https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10590

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Thanks - I was indeed wondering if something similar would happen on the spotter when I saw that thread. The same issue applies as here - the cargo actually still exists but it's now in the hold so the script is getting fooled.

I've made a small tweak to the code which I'd like you to test and see if it fixes things please - see your PMs for the link. It explicitly checks if the cargo is in flight, and if not turns out the relevant light.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Thargoid wrote:
Thanks - I was indeed wondering if something similar would happen on the spotter when I saw that thread. The same issue applies as here - the cargo actually still exists but it's now in the hold so the script is getting fooled.
When you create a reference to the cargo, you can even alter its properties when in the hold. That is what I do in ore_processor. After processing, the content changes from "minerals" to whatever was retrieved from it. :D