Dangerous
Dangerous

Chit-chat

Post by jacksy »

Diziet Sma wrote:
jacksy wrote:
ps did you say you are in Australia?
Yep.. Oolite has fans all over the world. :D

Clickable map of visitors to an old website of mine where I host some (now-out-of-date) Oolite files.
(Note to self: Must do something about that. :lol:)

jacksy wrote:
Getting these bad boys now..cheers again and thank you for your hard work creating them
For those you'll have to thank Submersible (and ecraven).. all I did was upload 'em to an alternate site while he sorts out his bandwidth situation.. :wink:
where in Australia you from?
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Oolite OXP

Post by Diziet Sma »

jacksy wrote:
Depends when you're talking about.. I was born in Oxford, England, came out to Oz with the family as a kid in '66. Since then I've lived in every State and Territory except Tasmania and the ACT. Favourite place is Alice Springs, NT. Lived the last 12 years in Brisbane, QLD, but now back in Melbourne, VIC. :mrgreen:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
jacksy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by jacksy »

Diziet Sma wrote:
jacksy wrote:
Depends when you're talking about.. I was born in Oxford, England, came out to Oz with the family as a kid in '66. Since then I've lived in every State and Territory except Tasmania and the ACT. Favourite place is Alice Springs, NT. Lived the last 12 years in Brisbane, QLD, but now back in Melbourne, VIC. :mrgreen:

Hoping to get to Oz one day to see the State of Origin Series. You ever been to any of the matches in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

No, not the kind of thing I'd go to see, sorry.. I've occasionally watched it on TV, but that's about it..

I think I shocked a few Melbournians in my time as a Taxi Driver. :twisted:

Passenger gets in.. "Who ya tippin' for the Grand Final next week?"
Me: "No idea.. who's playing?" :lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Ah, Rugby (I had to Google it!). Not really my cup of tea VB either. I'm a footie (soccer) and cricket man Pumpkin :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
jacksy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by jacksy »

Diziet Sma wrote:
No, not the kind of thing I'd go to see, sorry.. I've occasionally watched it on TV, but that's about it..

I think I shocked a few Melbournians in my time as a Taxi Driver. :twisted:

Passenger gets in.. "Who ya tippin' for the Grand Final next week?"
Me: "No idea.. who's playing?" :lol:
:lol: don't tell me you are fussyball supporter :oops:
jacksy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by jacksy »

Smivs wrote:
Ah, Rugby (I had to Google it!). Not really my cup of tea VB either. I'm a footie (soccer) and cricket man Pumpkin :D
Smivs, It says you are from Nottingham on your profile..yet you speak of VB. Don't mind a bit of ashes cricket always good to see the England beat the Aussies. Football? can't stand it any more!
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Chit-chat

Post by Selezen »

Sorry if I'm being a grumpy old man here, but isn't this a conversation that would be better had over PM or the chat room or something other than a forum topic? It's not really a public conversation, after all.

Just my opinion. The Mod gene is never fully suppressed...
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Chit-chat

Post by another_commander »

Selezen, your mod gene speaks the truth. Guys, please take the rest of the discussion to PM as it is not really forum material. Topic closed.