Missing system

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Missing system

Post by Cody »

I now have another little problem in trunk (r5529) - a system is missing in G5, namely Lazaso (top-right), which just happens to be one of my favourites.

Oolite 1.76.1 Image and Oolite 1.77.0.5529 Image

I didn't just check the chart - I've been to Zaenza (the other half of that zero-distance double), and my save-game at Lazaso puts me at Zaenza! Another zero-distance double-system that I visited tonight in G7 seemed fine! Am I going crazy? Are there other missing planets? Somebody, please check!

Edit to add: the same problem in G8 with the zero-distance double Cecees/Esusale - Cecees is there, but not Esusale.
It must be only the zero-distance double-systems that share exactly the same co-ords, I reckon.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Missing system

Post by Wildeblood »

El Viejo wrote:
Edit to add: the same problem in G8 with the zero-distance double Cecees/Esusale - Cecees is there, but not Esusale.
It must be only the zero-distance double-systems that share exactly the same co-ords, I reckon.
Try checking Quzaarar (SecCom 2) and Riusbequ on Chart 4. That's another zero-distance pair.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

I'm having a little bit of trouble seeing the pictures...and can't seem to save the pictures so I can zoom in and/or compare them by alternating between the 2.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

I also had troubles seeing the pictures. In my case it must be addBlock that gives troubles. On the first opening of the picture it is visible. That there is an add to the right, I only noticed when opening the same page with an other browser.

But for comparing I wanted to open a second time and than it was covered by a grey rectangle. :(

Same happens to the pictures you uploaded a few days back. Once you know it, you can turn addBlock off temporary. :lol:
Just strange that it is visible on the first opening of that page.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Which ad-blocker are you using? I have adblock plus on Firefox, and can see the images fine..
Switeck wrote:
and can't seem to save the pictures so I can zoom in and/or compare them by alternating between the 2.
To save them, click on the "Direct link" to the right of the image, which will copy the direct url to your clipboard. Open a new tab, and "paste & go" the url into it. When the image opens, you'll be able to right-click and save it as usual.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Which ad-blocker are you using? I have adblock plus on Firefox, and can see the images fine..
I use 'adblock' for safari. It is the most popular and the oldest for Safari. The author also has a version for Google Chrome.
I can create an exception to show adds on the photobucket site. But, the adds are visible than, and the pictures stay covered by a solid box. It is just strange that it only happens after the second view.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Strange indeed.. sounds as if it needs to be taken up with the 'adblock' author..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Code: Select all

> System.infoForSystem(4,128).name
Zaenza
> System.infoForSystem(4,55).name
Zaenza
I'll take a look.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Found it. In a zero-distance double, any value applied through planetinfo.plist to the lower-numbered planet is applied to both planets; any value applied to the higher-numbered planet is ignored.

This bug is in 1.76 too - if you look at the Povray Planet texture file for Lazaso, it's an orange rock-ball, and Zaenza is an earth-like world. If you look at them in the F7 screen, they're both earth-like.

I've reverted explicit setting of name/description in planetinfo.plist for now, as this does not appear straightforward to fix.
Cody

Post by Cody »

cim wrote:
This bug is in 1.76 too...
Oh... only with Povray Planets then, I presume? I don't recall any problems with System Redux/1.76.

I don't understand the problems some have with seeing those thumbnail pics... it's gotta be a browser thing.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

El Viejo wrote:
I don't understand the problems some have with seeing those thumbnail pics... it's gotta be a browser thing.
Not the tumbnails, but the pictures on Photobucket. It is either AdBlock that messes wth the page, or it is photobucket seeing that thre is an adblocker active and thinks: if you don't want to see my adds, I won't show you my picts :lol:

When I open the photobucket page with a developer tool of Safari active, I can see that the picture is there. I even can see the plain picture in the special window. But on that page is also a gray picture with the name "placeholder.jpg" and that is placed on top of the picture, as if it wants to hide it. :lol:
Last edited by Eric Walch on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Curious... no problems at all here with Firefox 17.0 and Adblock Plus 2.2.1
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

El Viejo wrote:
cim wrote:
This bug is in 1.76 too...
Oh... only with Povray Planets then, I presume? I don't recall any problems with System Redux/1.76.
SR sets the planet texture once you're in the system, so it gets away with it. PP sets them in advance (but, I didn't actually notice the suspicious similarity of appearance last time I was up in the Steel Halo, so when it's just confined to the textures, it's not so obvious)
Cody

Post by Cody »

Heh... I've just amused myself by jumping from Zaenza to Zaenza.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Re the thumbnails, I'm not able to view them either - using Opera on Ubuntu with no adblock etc, but i do use Ghostery which I notice is blocking five trackers and might be the problem.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.