Player asp cannot mount Fuel scoop

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Player asp cannot mount Fuel scoop

Post by Commander McLane »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
This thread seems an odd choice for posting something about a Chopped Cobra.

Firstly, it's about a totally different ship (and for a very specific issue with that ship), and secondly, it was dead for almost three years.

We don't condemn thread necromancy as such, but at least the new post should have some relevance for the resurrected thread. Resurrecting a dead thread solely for the purpose of derailing it seems a little silly even for our standards.
If you read the few posts after this one, you'll see that it's very relevant indeed.. :roll:
Tell me, please, which relevance exactly has the fact that some player now bought a Chopped Cobra for a debate about why the Asp has the specs that it has which ended two years and nine months ago?

I'm not denying that the fact that he flew an Asp had a lot of relevance for his problem, and therefore for the thread you linked to. It would have been totally fine to post about his solving his problem by switching his ship over there. But the relevance that his switching ships has for this thread is exactly zero.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Well, you asked for
Commander McLane wrote:
some relevance
I'd say the Asp/fuel scoops problem counts as "some relevance".. or are you going to get picky now over how much relevance is required? :wink: :mrgreen:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Hoopy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Hoopy »

Ooops sorry - I meant to post it in the other topic about Xeptatl's Sword but I had this one open as well (I was trying to decide if the problem was with the Asp (this thread) or the OXP (the other thread)).

I got even more confused as Smivs removed his post after I replied in the other thread and then reposted after my reply. I'll go have a lie down and all will be fine :)

So whilst this is the dev forum and so certainly shouldn't be here you have to admit that there is a *bit* of relevance. If you want an Asp with fuel scoops then don't mess with the original go and buy a chopped cobra instead :)
6030 kills. so far...
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Diziet Sma wrote:
I'd say the Asp/fuel scoops problem counts as "some relevance"..
No relevance at all because the asp has no cargo bay and no scoop by design, while the Cobra has both. So, I see no relation between both ships in this matter. :?
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Well.. each to their own opinion, I guess.. I'd say, see Hoopy's post above yours, and leave it at that.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied