Still a bug in cargo size? Also a pause bug.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

eddyp
Competent
Competent

Still a bug in cargo size? Also a pause bug.

Post by eddyp »

Hello,

I just (re?)discovered a bug anout the cargo (1.62-5).

I have found a way to reproduce it myself, but probably there is something else with my save.

Steps to reproduce:
- start an unrestricted gameplay (at this point the coriolis station does not rotate; is this normal?)
- load a save
- get out in space
- pause
- F2 load another save
- F8

Now the displayed contained mechendise is 50t although the cargo has only 30t. It appears that some/one (last selected?) item(s) double their quantity in the cargo.

I know there was a similar bug reported a couple of weeks ago, but after reading it, it seems this is a different issue.

On a related note, mind the non-rotating item mentioned after setting restricted game play. After loading, there is no possibility to play the game because the game is set in pause mode, but pressing P again does nothing.

Maybe resetting the pause state after loading and/or reaching the main screen (after changing the game play type).
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Well for starters you should not be able to load a game outside of a space station if you can do this in any version (those menu items should be shown disabled)- it's a big bug which causes these knock-on effects.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
eddyp
Competent
Competent

Post by eddyp »

Then I guess when switching the gameplay should do what? Kick one out of the game? That's what is happening, thus the possibility to load another game. Isn't this supposed to happen like this?

Version: 1.62-5 (Debian version 1.62-5-1)