Exhaust plumes in rear view offset?

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Wiggy
Deadly
Deadly

Exhaust plumes in rear view offset?

Post by Wiggy »

I've been trying out a number of different ships recently, and I love seeing the exhaust plumes out the rear view, as well as the "front bonnet" on some ships stretching out in front.

However, quite a few ships have a single exhaust plume appearing slap bang in the middle of the rear view, which makes seeing a bit difficult.

Might it be possible to 'offset' the plume a bit...?
You came in that? You're braver than I thought!
Iskander
Poor
Poor

Post by Iskander »

The camera position for the aft view is set in the ship's shipdata.plist, so it is possible. The dimensions of the plume are also configurable. You could tweak them yourself, if you were so minded, by hacking the relevant file!
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

a lot of these things will probably get tweaked as soon as the new external view presets become a part of the game, and each ship gets another round of special attention.
The man next to you is your lunch
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re:

Post by Cholmondely »

Iskander wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:12 pm
The camera position for the aft view is set in the ship's shipdata.plist, so it is possible. The dimensions of the plume are also configurable. You could tweak them yourself, if you were so minded, by hacking the relevant file!
If you get an e-mail about this PM (and so get to see it), did you ever get anywhere with your net.ajnewman.yakuza.oxp?

Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?