Cpt. lurah reporting on duty and wondering something.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

lurah
Poor
Poor

Cpt. lurah reporting on duty and wondering something.

Post by lurah »

Hi all.
As an old elite & frontier "wannabe" it was such a pleasure to find oolite 8)
And most of all, it runs great in my old computer.

How ever, i have problem here. I readed there is way to change keys in use by editing file from AddOns/... but in my case, that folder is like empty.
Everything else seems to work except message log. Couldnt find it anywhere, alltho i tryed to push "-" (and practically all other non used key on keyboard lol) to see it. Im using Finnish keyboard so its no surprise it wont work stright from my keyboard.
Im using linux. Couldnt figure out was that FAQ answer meaned for what OS.

Also, after entering Lave system, i was attacked by two ships. I was lucky enough to destroy them, but when i was goin to station, i received some message, i couldnt read fast enough, and after i was in station, i get 250 fine for some offensive behaving. Im sure both of those ships attacked against me, they were red on scanner so they both attacked right?

But anyway. My first flight with this game. Succesfull docking (all those nights with elite and frontier :lol: ) and two bad asses killed. Good start, but that keyboard thing bothers damn. Also do i need to expect fines after every time some one attacks? Or did i just see wrong and only one of those ships were red?
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

hi Lurah.
this will be corrected if it's not the case with Linux, but you make your own folder inside AddOns, named Config. in there you can place your own altered keyconfig.plist..
The man next to you is your lunch
lurah
Poor
Poor

Post by lurah »

Hi Murgh and thanks for quick reply.

I did locate keyconfig.plist from /Oolite/oolite.app/Contents/Resources/Config
I guess i can edit that one too and just rerun my oolite to make changes effecting.

keyconfig.plist says its char 96 for comm.log's and its ' not - as told in readme.txt but now i know how to fix it. Back to the ship... :lol:
Lucidor
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Lucidor »

Not all who attack you are criminals. Sometimes doctors in moray medical boats get high on the fumes of their medicines and attack you without any reason at all. :^)

Giles wrote about how the AI ships works somewhere. Their actions are based on a set of parameters that I don't quite remember now, but I think on of them was that you are considered a threat if you come at them at high speed.

I don't remember being fined at all in Oolite, even though I have behaved very offensively sometimes.
lurah
Poor
Poor

Post by lurah »

Well, it happened right after i was jumped so maybe only other of em was really attacking...dont know now and most likely will never know. Well, great game 8)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Fines happen, although not all that often. However, if you destroyed the two ships out of the cops’ sight your rating shouldn’t have been affected. Are you sure you weren’t carrying drugs?
Flying_Circus
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Flying_Circus »

Or were you fighting right outside the space station? They don't like you throwing your toys around outside the station.
And so I gave myself to God. There was a pregnant pause before He said "OK"
lurah
Poor
Poor

Post by lurah »

Havent carryed much else than food, liquors and machinerys yet . And attack happened right after jump. And now some one attacked against me when i was docking on station. (diso). I get quickly inside of station to avoid battle but now im fugitive :shock:

When that some jerk shooted against me while i was docking, i got message
Diso Navigational Beacon reports an illegal act of vandalism.
but after docking, nothing. No fines etc. (i didnt fire back, took 3 seconds to get in station)

I have gotten in few battles. I think maybe 4 or 5 ships destroyed but every time, they have shooted first. Maybe i have killed some on that should not be killed. Well, keeps game interesting :lol:
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

lurah wrote:
Havent carryed much else than food, liquors and machinerys yet . And attack happened right after jump. And now some one attacked against me when i was docking on station. (diso). I get quickly inside of station to avoid battle but now im fugitive :shock:

When that some jerk shooted against me while i was docking, i got message
but after docking, nothing. No fines etc. (i didnt fire back, took 3 seconds to get in station)

I have gotten in few battles. I think maybe 4 or 5 ships destroyed but every time, they have shooted first. Maybe i have killed some on that should not be killed. Well, keeps game interesting :lol:
Maybe you rammed a police ship by accident?
lurah
Poor
Poor

Post by lurah »

Well, now we never cant know. Got killed and started new game :lol:
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Maybe you bumped or shot the beacon by accident. Gotta be careful around that thing; it calls the Blue on you if you look at it funny.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
lurah
Poor
Poor

Post by lurah »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Maybe you bumped or shot the beacon by accident. Gotta be careful around that thing; it calls the Blue on you if you look at it funny.
Well to be honest, i did look it like "wtf that thing is" :lol:
Anyway, pretty close of it battle happened, good chance that i hitted it too.
Lupin Thief
Average
Average

Post by Lupin Thief »

I managed to get offender status once by accidently testing out my new mining lasers on a space station :oops:

Also once by picking up a tonne of narcotics after taking out a pirate, which I then forgot about, and left the coriolis with only that on board. D'oh!

The local Gendarmerie weren't particularly sympathetic on either occasion.

A couple of witchspace jumps later and I was clean again though, so avoided fines, and the wrath of any bounty hunters / rozzers. :D
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore Is not in this bit.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Lupin Thief wrote:
A couple of witchspace jumps later and I was clean again though, so avoided fines, and the wrath of any bounty hunters / rozzers. :D
yeah, just fly around a bit, sunscoop when you run out of fuel, and after awhile you're squikey clean again :D