Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Funny stuff

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Funny stuff

Post by Alex »

I've not been playing for a while, still on 75.1
Basicaly it ran great on my 1.2GHz 1 Meg ram for a long time. Though I can't run full shaders and have to chop and change Oxpers between galaxies.
Any way went flying today and something strange has being happening.
It may or not have something to do with the super hub oxper, only new one I've added for renew of play.

Anyway;
When coming close to a station to dock, usually with injectors. All of a sudden, I can see my eject trail and am actually going backwards. Viewed through front screen. Even funnier, Pitch, yaw and roll operate as if going forward.
Managed once to dock by switching to rear view, getting close and going to min power to dock on front view.

I don't think it's a prog glitch, just TDM (This Damn Machine) playing up. Tis old in TDM years.

Was wondering if any one else has funnies happening in ships that worked fine before, that can be put down to old TDM?

I'll remove super hub, to see if it happens again.
Though must admit it was quite a challange to dock backwards.
Managed once second was "You are Dead" message then "Press space"

Don't remember the "You are Dead" message before.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Funny stuff

Post by JazHaz »

I've been getting the same thing. I thought it was my military injector upgrade (OXP by Thargoid), so I removed the OXP, but am still getting the issue.

I did wonder if it was because my ship doesn't have enough thrust for changing direction after running on injectors. What ship are you flying?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Bazza
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Bazza »

The same thing happened to me last week. I was docking and was flicking between views (pretty ships!!!) when the display just locked on the rear view. A bit worrying; but I was close enough to the station to autodock, and on re-launch it was back to normal. Strange.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

JazHaz wrote:
I've been getting the same thing. I thought it was my military injector upgrade (OXP by Thargoid), so I removed the OXP, but am still getting the issue.

I did wonder if it was because my ship doesn't have enough thrust for changing direction after running on injectors. What ship are you flying?
The new version of MI upgrade should do-away with the old issues as well. It's done in a slightly different way, and also now has a max improved speed so things don't get too silly.
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

JazHaz wrote:

I have version 1.02 for the Militry injectors and still have the problem. On paying more attention to what is happening, it looks like Newtonian physics have kicked in and it's firing forward thrusters to slow down after injectors or hyperspeed use.
I over come it by reusing injectors in bursts. If you notice the wee white dots that fly past you can easily see which direction you are going. it even sometimes looks as though I'm going sideways.

I fly a Caduces Omega The Gertrude Oblitz.

EDIT:
Removed MI V1.02 from addons and edited them out of shipdata.plist with note++
Problem gone.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!