CAPSHIP SOLUTION THAT I DON'T DO MYSELF BECAUSE IM A NOOB

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

CAPSHIP SOLUTION THAT I DON'T DO MYSELF BECAUSE IM A NOOB

Post by commanderxairon »

when i found myself trying to justify enormous "docking probes" in the hull of the Æßæria class battleship pictured avobe
i realized that a great idea could come from this

REAL DOCKING PROBES

i mean a primeable equipment that launch a vehicle that once docked it launch the current station's menu or whatever it toes... in the "docked" state

i would model and texture all the whatnot requiered

it would be the ultimate solution to anybody with inferiority complex like me who likes ENORMOUS ships to brutalize anything but a sun... XDD

i don't do it myself because im a Java Noob...
Last edited by commanderxairon on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

Kuroshido(RXS-mariana) : scooby doobi doo?....

MY CREW
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: CAPSHIP SOLUTION THAT I DON'T DO MYSELF BECAUSE IM A NOO

Post by Commander McLane »

I haven't understood what your project is. Also there is no picture above. Perhaps a picture would help me understanding. Or your could try to re-phrase your idea.

However, two things: OXPs are scripted in JavaScript, not Java. These are two different things, and have nothing to do with each other.

And writing in all caps is considered bad style. Usually it indicates either a rude person or someone who is really a noob. Please don't do it in topic titles. Thank you.
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

i am really a noob o.o and have you seen the transporter ship? what i say is that, this equipment would launch a ship like that one and it would dock into the station after it docks it would display the station menu normally that would mean that no matter how big your ship is it can dock
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

MY CREW
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

commanderxairon wrote:
this equipment would launch a ship like that one and it would dock into the station after it docks it would display the station menu normally that would mean that no matter how big your ship is it can dock
This cannot be done (at the moment) I'm afraid. The way the game 'engine' works is that you are the ship and the ship is you. You can't launch bits of yourself to do docking or anything else.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

commanderxairon wrote:
when I found myself trying to justify enormous "docking probes" in the hull of the Æßæria class battleship pictured below
Very nice! I'll order three, please. :D
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

Wildeblood wrote:
commanderxairon wrote:
when I found myself trying to justify enormous "docking probes" in the hull of the Æßæria class battleship pictured below
Very nice! I'll order three, please. :D
WAIT AND SEE you will love this power hog

Smivs wrote:
commanderxairon wrote:
this equipment would launch a ship like that one and it would dock into the station after it docks it would display the station menu normally that would mean that no matter how big your ship is it can dock
This cannot be done (at the moment) I'm afraid. The way the game 'engine' works is that you are the ship and the ship is you. You can't launch bits of yourself to do docking or anything else.
ahhh it is a shame...

MY CREW
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

Code to leave a derelict hulk exists. Leave the capship behind, script it to still be there upon relaunch. The trickiness lies in recalling the capship's specs once the commander has reboarded. Either that or script up a teleporter-analogue. But that would be a major change to gameplay.
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?