New Player Tale

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

New Player Tale

Post by Selezen »

My son just started playing Oolite again after a brief introduction some time ago.

He told me a couple of nights ago that he had got back into it and told me of his flights between Lave, Leesti, Reidquat and Diso and the fights he got into, including one where a Python was sorry it found him because he launched three missiles at it.

Then he came down from the "bridge" last night and told me that he'd learned how to fire missiles. Confused, I asked him how he managed to launch missiles at the Python if he's only learned to launch missiles 24 hours AFTER that.

He looked at the floor and mumbled "I ejected my cargo canisters and they hit the python."

:lol:

Still, it was good shooting!
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: New Player Tale

Post by Rese249er »

o_0 Cargo kill? What in the 'verse?

Quick, check if it actually got him a notch closer to Elite. Cause that's the only way that would be worth ejecting three tons from a 20-ton bay.
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

He got the actual kill with his lasers, but in his mind (if nowhere else) the cargo canister missiles helped.

Maybe there's an idea for a new weapon there. Missiles or mines disguised as cargo canisters...
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

That does sound like the weapon to deploy against a pirate who might be too quick with the scoop after that weapon is created.

Lol, wouldn't that be funny to tell your kid? "You inspired someone to design a weapon!"
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?