Fun in the Asteroid Belt.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Odo987
Dangerous
Dangerous

Fun in the Asteroid Belt.

Post by Odo987 »

Three bugs in one:

I encountered an asteroid field and saw a Worm leaving the Rock Hermit. It turned and blew apart an Asteroid, then blew apart a bolder. Being rude, I ran over and started scooping 'his' splinters. The first two scooped fine. The second two I could lock onto, but I couldn't scoop. In fact I could fly right through them as though they were holograms. This has happened to me in two different galaxies, so it's not a one-off bug.

When docking with the rock hermit, the docking computer guided me in perfectly, then stopped short with the four blinking lights filling my screen. Sat there for a couple of minutes, before I disengaged and moved forward those last two centimeters manually. This has only happened once.

The previous time I docked with a Rock Hermit I used the computer to line up, then ran the final approach manually (for speed). But I passed right through the Rock Hermit and exited the other side. Circled round, and this time docked fine. This has only happened once.

Mac, Dual G4 1.25MHz, Oolite 1.64, Tori.oxp.
Attacking a Navigational Beacon is illegal. Police are on their way.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

This collision problem is known in the latest builds and something I'm working on.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Last week I had a case where a non-responsive ship also didn’t turn up on the FancyTargetter. Maybe I should have tried ramming him, although he did blow up when I shot him. I’m wondering whether these bugs could be related cases of flags being set incorrectly and/or entities ending up in the wrong lists.