Waltzing on past the space station

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Draco_Caeles
Dangerous
Dangerous

Waltzing on past the space station

Post by Draco_Caeles »

I'm a great one for reading while playing Elite (or Oolite, as I should say). So when I managed to scrape together sufficient Cr to by a set of docking computers, I thought I was quids in. I flew to the 'S' zone, hit 'C' and waited while the music played.

The next time I looked at the screen, I had in fact flown straight past the space station and was heading out of orbit, and nothing I pressed would restore manual control. I had to quit the game using Shift-Esc.

I should state right now that I'm playing the PC port, and while I appreciate that this is mostly Mac around here I considered it important to mention here in case anybody else had had the same problem generally.

Something else I also noticed was that the Ident system failed to identify the station from the side, although it always does it from the front (docking-port) side.

D.C.
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

You could try hitting 'C' it toggles the computer on and off, it worked for me on an earlier build.
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

also: try shift-D; failsafe and faster (but the clock fast-forwards)
Draco_Caeles
Dangerous
Dangerous

Thank you

Post by Draco_Caeles »

Thank you both :-) I hit Shift-D and that worked just fine this time, zapping me straight into the station.

Thank you again.

D.C.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

@ your service... :)