Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

RepairBots OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: RepairBots OXP

Post by Thargoid »

OK, version 2.08 is now uploaded to Box and should tackle the reported issues.

Give it a try and let me know how things go.
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Some buggy planet at the edge of the known universe

Post by DredgerMan »

So far, so good.

Downloaded ...... check
old version removed ...... check
new version installed ...... check
at start up no remaining charges .... correct!
Buy system and get 10 charges ..... check!!!

Looks a lot better, Thargoid. I'll let you know how it behaves during playing.
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

under Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64-bit
with a Geforce GT610 videocard
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Thargoid wrote:
OK, version 2.08 is now uploaded to Box and should tackle the reported issues.

Give it a try and let me know how things go.
After quite a while of flying about with the system, I can safely say that the improvements worked, Thargoid! All previously mentioned issues have been eliminated.

I did notice something though, but am not sure whether this is a feature or a bug. But twice I have 'lost' the repair system from my equipment list when I goT severely hammered, once by a pirate with mil laser who reduced my aft shields and gave the back of my ship a good roasting and secondly by a hardhead, launched at short distance which destroyed my ironhide. In both cases the repair system was gone from the in-flight equipment list as well as the F5-F5 entry for the number of charges left.

The latest log didn't record anything out of the ordinary and I am using 1.76.1 on Windows
Flying The Sizzlin' Suzie VI, a trusty and venerable Boa Class Cruiser in Oolite 1.84 on

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It shouldn't do, as damage cannot destroy equipment in the non-strict game, only render it inoperable (orange and N/A on the equipment list - unless of course an OXP script does the removing). And then of course a poorly written piece may still operate if it's coded not to check.

Hence I'm a little surprised that it vanished from the list - that to me sounds like a bug somewhere (especially as the self repair equipment should self-repair as a priority if it gets damaged). I'll have another look into the scripting and see what may be going on, but it could be some residual oddity with the trunk code and equipment awarding (which has happened before).
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Thargoid wrote:
It shouldn't do, as damage cannot destroy equipment in the non-strict game, only render it inoperable (orange and N/A on the equipment list - unless of course an OXP script does the removing). And then of course a poorly written piece may still operate if it's coded not to check.

Hence I'm a little surprised that it vanished from the list - that to me sounds like a bug somewhere (especially as the self repair equipment should self-repair as a priority if it gets damaged). I'll have another look into the scripting and see what may be going on, but it could be some residual oddity with the trunk code and equipment awarding (which has happened before).
Ok, thanks, Thargoid. Just as an update, During playing my repair system got damaged three times and repaired itself correctly.

DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Ok, thanks, Thargoid. Just as an update, During playing my repair system got damaged three times and repaired itself correctly.[/quote]

As a further update, Thargoid, I just got splattered due to a hardhead at close range and upon restarting the repair system was removed from the equipment list again.

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Hmm odd - I just tried manually damaging the controller via the console in a variety of systems, and it self-repaired correctly every time (well 75% of the time as it should, but if that fails it tries again until it succeeds).

That is under Win7, Oolite 1.76.1 and RepairBots 2.08. Does that differ significantly from your set-up?

Also what OXPs (especially missile ones) do you have installed, just in case it's something specific to how you're getting creamed. In the meantime I'll go pick a few fights and see what I can see... :twisted:
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Thargoid wrote:
Hmm odd - I just tried manually damaging the controller via the console in a variety of systems, and it self-repaired correctly every time (well 75% of the time as it should, but if that fails it tries again until it succeeds).

That is under Win7, Oolite 1.76.1 and RepairBots 2.08. Does that differ significantly from your set-up?

Also what OXPs (especially missile ones) do you have installed, just in case it's something specific to how you're getting creamed. In the meantime I'll go pick a few fights and see what I can see... :twisted:
Hi Thargoid,

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1, oolite 1.76.1 and Repairbots 2.08.

I don't have any missile or weapon OXP's loaded but there may be some in the OXP's. Here's the list.
  • ../AddOns/AnkalagonV1.0.oxp
    ../AddOns/Basic-debug.oxp
    ../AddOns/behemoth 2.6.oxp
    ../AddOns/BlOomberg Markets v2.5.oxp
    ../AddOns/buoyRepair1.3.2.oxp
    ../AddOns/Cabal_Common_Library1.6.oxp
    ../AddOns/Cargo_wrecks_teaser 1.7.oxp
    ../AddOns/Coluber_0_6_0_2011-12-17.oxp
    ../AddOns/Commies.oxp
    ../AddOns/Deposed1.3.4.oxp
    ../AddOns/Dredgers 2.4.6.oxp
    ../AddOns/Escape_Capsule_Locator_1.4.1_2012-06-05.oxp
    ../AddOns/Explorers'_Club_1.3.3.1_2012-07-28.oxp
    ../AddOns/Fuel Tank v2.2.oxp
    ../AddOns/FuelCollectorV0.07.oxp
    ../AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.4.3.oxp
    ../AddOns/galaxy 2, Blackjack's Bullion 1.2.9.oxp
    ../AddOns/GalCop_Rewards.oxp
    ../AddOns/icarus.oxp
    ../AddOns/Illegal_goods_tweak_1.7.3_2012.05.30.oxp
    ../AddOns/impcourier2.oxp
    ../AddOns/imptrader.oxp
    ../AddOns/IronHide 2.00.oxp
    ../AddOns/ixianfreighter.oxp
    ../AddOns/marett_vol1.oxp
    ../AddOns/Military Fuel Injectors 1.00.oxp
    ../AddOns/mPakRedux.oxp
    ../AddOns/Naval Grid 1.00.oxp
    ../AddOns/Neolite_Companion_1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/Neolite_Core_Replace_1.1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/Neolite_Core_Resources_A_1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/Neolite_Core_Resources_B_1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/newships.oxp
    ../AddOns/OXPConfig2.0.13.oxp
    ../AddOns/PiranhaV1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/PlanetFall 1.41.oxp
    ../AddOns/Police_Scanner_Upgrade_1.3.1_2011-12-18.oxp
    ../AddOns/RandomHits1.4.13.oxp
    ../AddOns/randomshipnames1.2.oxp
    ../AddOns/RepairBots 2.08.oxp
    ../AddOns/Rock_Hermit_Locator1.3.3.oxp
    ../AddOns/RVandGS1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/SlugV1.0.oxp
    ../AddOns/Snoopers2.3.2.oxp
    ../AddOns/Staer9_fireflyV0.5.oxp
    ../AddOns/TalkativeCompass_1.0.3.oxp
    ../AddOns/terrapin.oxp
    ../AddOns/tesoura.oxp
    ../AddOns/thargoid_wars 4.5.4.oxp
    ../AddOns/The_Feudal_States_v1.13.oxp
    ../AddOns/Tionisla Reporter 1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/uhu.oxp
    ../AddOns/UPS-courier v1.7.8.oxp
    ../AddOns/Welcome Mat 1.12.oxp
    ../AddOns/Z-ships_v1.0.oxp
As for the disappearances, I had one case today where I got killed and it was gone after: "Press Space Commander". With the other ones, I think I can remember that after the heavy hit from a torpedo there was an instance a few jumps later where I crashed into a station, due to a cat suddenly jumping on the keyboard just when I was entering it. Could it have been the; "Press space, Commander" screen? i.e. the restart where the equipment wasn't initialised propely or something like that?

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The death of a commander clears everything out and reloads the save game from the last point of save. Nothing in the OXP configuration should survive that, as even if mission variables are set they are not stored until the game gets saved.

This is sounding like you may have the manifestation of a trunk code bug.
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

Thargoid wrote:
The death of a commander clears everything out and reloads the save game from the last point of save. Nothing in the OXP configuration should survive that, as even if mission variables are set they are not stored until the game gets saved.

This is sounding like you may have the manifestation of a trunk code bug.
Well, I have been sniffing a bit lately. :)

No, but seriously what could be done against that? Removal and re-loading of the game?

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Okay, possible guess:
Thargoid - you have "requires_cargo_space" = 2; in the repairbots definition. DredgerMan - do the repair bots only disappear on reload if you have less than 2 TC free cargo space at the time?
DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

cim wrote:
Okay, possible guess:
Thargoid - you have "requires_cargo_space" = 2; in the repairbots definition. DredgerMan - do the repair bots only disappear on reload if you have less than 2 TC free cargo space at the time?
Hmm, probably, Cim. I tend to run with full loads most of the time. But I can simulate that. Who needs a cat to crash into a station, after all. :D

DredgerMan
Deadly
Deadly

Post by DredgerMan »

:shock:

Uhh, attempt 1: No cargo, launched, turned round and ...... somehow missed the station ( :oops: ).

Attempt 2: Still no cargo. going for the sides this time. Bang, spacebar, repair system still there

Attempt 3: Reload, fill with cargo, launch, turn round, bang, spacebar, no repair system anymore!

I believe you cracked it, Cim!!!!

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Bug confirmed in 1.76.1 (and probably previous versions too). Presumably never spotted before because all the warnings that requires_cargo_space was useless meant that it never got used in OXPs. I will add another line to those warnings, I suppose.

Already fixed in trunk because Eric's changes to make requires_cargo_space actually require the cargo space make it impossible to fill your hold too full.

I've committed a fix for it to the 1.76 maintenance branch. Since this is currently the only bugfix in that branch since the release of 1.76.1 it's unlikely that there will be a 1.76.2 soon, so you should probably remove the requires_cargo_space line for now (or update your requires.plist to 1.77 and maintain two separate versions for a while)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK I've updated to v2.09, basically with temporary removal of the 2t requirement. I'll put it back in again (and reverse the reversal) when 1.77 comes out as I don't want to maintain two versions.

Thanks for the assistance and expert bug-finding ;)