Infinity MMOG

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Does this game seem cool to you?

Yes :)
91%
Neutral :|
9%

Total votes: 11

Mirad Grameron
Competent
Competent

Infinity MMOG

Post by Mirad Grameron »

I always seem to find the coolest websites in the weirdest ways. I found this one while looking for a new backgorund image for my desktop:

Infinity: The Quest for Earth

It looks like an awesome game, and more than close to Elite. My problem is that "there is unlikely to be a Macintosh port." Knowing you guys, and the fact that the developer is taking on just about any help he can get, I thought that I might increase the chances of a Macintosh port by posting it here.

I myself will hopefully be helping devolopment by contributing models and maybe a few textures.

Have fun!
My ship's log is bigger than your ship's log.
Mirad Grameron
Competent
Competent

Post by Mirad Grameron »

There's supposed to be a "No" Option on the poll, sorry about the accident. Just say if you donn't like it, and I'll tally it manually.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Wow.

I knew about infinity, it has even been discussed here, some while ago. Already then the screenshots looked quite impressive, the guy had done some impressive work. Now it looks like he (finally?) is co-operating with some other people on it, so the chances this will eventually be finished look better than ever... Lots of these games never make it further than halfway their developmentcycle, Oolite being a big exception.

Too bad: only Windows ATM...

Something a weirdo like me will never run at home, hehee...
Ponder
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Ponder »

Definitely something to keep an eye on at least :)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

You can edit posts, you know, including adding new poll options. Not that I think “No” would be a popular choice.

TBH Infinity looks like the game I want to be working on, but I don’t exactly have the time to do that and work on Oolite… also, it’s probable that it would be harder to port to OS X than Oolite was to port to Linux and Windows, especially if it’s using Direct3D.
Mirad Grameron
Competent
Competent

Post by Mirad Grameron »

I knew you could edit posts, but I put the poll notice in a second one so it would be more noticable. I didn't know you could edit polls though.

If push comes to shove, I might learn a few new languages just so I can start porting it. It looks like one heck of a game.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

I was aware of Infinity before I started Oolite, and I look forward to seeing it. But I don't think it's going to be finished this year, or perhaps next year.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
Mirad Grameron
Competent
Competent

Post by Mirad Grameron »

The website said that the first playable version should be available at the end of 2007. --sigh--