Ship info missing

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

MtKlima
Dangerous
Dangerous

Ship info missing

Post by MtKlima »

Hi all,
This is a stupid question, but, How do I put a image in this message. appears to be smarter than me.

I am in Galaxy 3 Ceanbibi, just did a monstrous Gems run, ~10760grams, and came upon this beautiful yellow / grey / black ship in the yard called "(null)".
Sure it's cargo is 0 and it's speed is 0.000 LS, but I still wanted to take it out for a spin.

I bought it, fitted it out and launched. When I went to ship info page (5), the screen was blank except for the HUD. amazingly by pressing Apple-F to toggle it out of fullscreen mode, the display went back to forward.

Thankfully I had bought the docking computer, so I "Shift-D'ed" and went into the station where I was confronted with the same blank screen.

Anyway, I'm sure the picture wouln't help much

But it sure was a pretty ship.

I did not save, I just quit. However, I am not playing the game for the rest of the day, so I can recreate this phenomenon.

Thanks, Michael
TedJ
Deadly
Deadly

Post by TedJ »

I recommend reading the appropriate entry in the FAQ, but basically you need to find somewhere to host the image. then use the img tags to link to that host.

An example:

Just reply with quote to see the markup.
the alberts
Competent
Competent

Re: Ship info missing

Post by the alberts »

MtKlima wrote:
I am in Galaxy 3 Ceanbibi, just did a monstrous Gems run, ~10760grams, and came upon this beautiful yellow / grey / black ship in the yard called "(null)".
Sure it's cargo is 0 and it's speed is 0.000 LS, but I still wanted to take it out for a spin.

I bought it, fitted it out and launched. When I went to ship info page (5), the screen was blank except for the HUD. amazingly by pressing Apple-F to toggle it out of fullscreen mode, the display went back to forward.

Thankfully I had bought the docking computer, so I "Shift-D'ed" and went into the station where I was confronted with the same blank screen.
Yeah I did EXACTLY the same thing. Saw the ship - with the same stats, thought "ooh pretty" and bought it ...I had to manually dock before reaching a blank screen, and then had to quit.

I'm guessing the ship must have been from the "Pelamis" OXP as I installed it just prior to playing and had never seen it before. Perhaps it's not finished or is clashing with another OXP?
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

ah. I was wondering how like_ship'ing a player ship would work (you'd think some info would be missing ;) )

console will then say:

Code: Select all

***** Encountered localException during initialisation in [Universe update:] : NSInvalidArgumentException : *** -[NSCFArray replaceObjectAtIndex:withObject:]: attempt to insert nil *****

2006-04-13 13:20:58.048 Oolite[7418] *** NSTimer discarding exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException' (reason '*** -[NSCFArray replaceObjectAtIndex:withObject:]: attempt to insert nil') that raised during firing of timer with target 1344140 and selector 'doStuff:'
2006-04-13 13:21:26.188 Oolite[7418] 
so it's a bit of a fast one.
The man next to you is your lunch
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

AH! I fixed the "like_ship" code in my latest builds so I guess it's not working with earlier versions.

Sorry. I'll add a note to its download page.

UPDATE: Fixed version uploaded.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!