Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Level 15 planets

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Level 15 planets

Post by Commander McLane »

Well, it's not really a secret anyway.

And there isn't anything to spoil. Ascension is the half-implemented relic of an abandoned idea. There is literally nothing to see there, except a name that isn't in the Oolite planet list.

And because the whole project has been abandoned for good, in my opinion the whole thing should be removed from Famous Planets (or whichever OXP it is now a part of) anyway. I think it's not in the scope of Famous Planets to begin with. Famous Planets should be about famous planets in Oolite, not about arbitrarily renamed planets. I also dislike the idea of arbitrarily renaming planets in general, because of its strong potential to create OXP clashes. In my opinion all players should generally play in the same Ooniverse. Our Ooniverses are already different enough because of other ships, equiment, weaponry, etc. Having their physical layout differ as well strikes me as a bad idea, if we're aiming for a comparable playing experience.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Level 15 planets

Post by pagroove »

Commander McLane wrote:
Well, it's not really a secret anyway.

And there isn't anything to spoil. Ascension is the half-implemented relic of an abandoned idea. There is literally nothing to see there, except a name that isn't in the Oolite planet list.

And because the whole project has been abandoned for good, in my opinion the whole thing should be removed from Famous Planets (or whichever OXP it is now a part of) anyway. I think it's not in the scope of Famous Planets to begin with. Famous Planets should be about famous planets in Oolite, not about arbitrarily renamed planets. I also dislike the idea of arbitrarily renaming planets in general, because of its strong potential to create OXP clashes. In my opinion all players should generally play in the same Ooniverse. Our Ooniverses are already different enough because of other ships, equiment, weaponry, etc. Having their physical layout differ as well strikes me as a bad idea, if we're aiming for a comparable playing experience.
I agree that removing is indeed the most sensible thing to do. I will look into removing it from future versions of Famous Planets.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709