Rev 440 - Fly-through station back with a vengence

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Ponder
Dangerous
Dangerous

Rev 440 - Fly-through station back with a vengence

Post by Ponder »

About 75% through the Ramaza Wars in the Ionics mission I somehow became Offender and got chased by the cops so I headed for The Link Base at a rapid pace and approached the docking bay slow and... saw stars!

3 attempts later I make a dash for the station (somehow both station and base are close by in this war) Approach the docking bay slowly and... STARS!

One Instant Dock, Save, Quit and Reload later and it was fine again, but it's happened a few times today, yet never before today (for me).

One strange thing I notice is when this is going to happen you'll occasionally see a ship on the far side of the station/base and maybe another stopped outside waiting to dock, both totally stationary.

Debian Sarge Linux. Ionics and Behemoth OXPs installed.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Yes, there's something playing up with the collision code.

It's causing this, the 'transparent rock hermits', and some problems scooping cargo.

I think it may be something causing the player entity to not get checked for collisions but I haven't tracked it down yet.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
Ponder
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Ponder »

Well when it gets fixed it gets fixed, I have patience. I'm willing to pay the price for being on the bleeding edge, I'll just report those I find :)