Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Strange Herald Military Gunboat

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Strange Herald Military Gunboat

Post by ArkanoiD »

That one was yellow on the IFF - privately owned?! And *no* legal status at all - not "system vessel" or something but just blank. Any comments?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

I’ve seen this a lot with the rusty vipers. Could it be a problem with third-party system vessels in general?
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

Ahruman wrote:
I’ve seen this a lot with the rusty vipers. Could it be a problem with third-party system vessels in general?
the rusty Vipers should be identical to the shiny ones in stats and AI reference (save for a slight deduction in appearance frequency, speed and energy) so that'd be sad if there's a bug in accepting authority figures from the AddOns folder..
The man next to you is your lunch
Flying_Circus
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Flying_Circus »

I think this came in with scanClass=SCAN_MILITARY, to accomodate the Behemoth, didn't it? I'm sure I've also seen the basic Vipers showing up yellow. Maybe some specific combination of OXPs is to blame. It's a looong time since I did the Herald ((I don't even have it in stalled :)). I'll take a look at it and make sure I haven't reused any basic entity names ((which is one sure way to cause the game to start getting confused).
And so I gave myself to God. There was a pregnant pause before He said "OK"
Evil Juice
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Evil Juice »

I've seen yellow heralds battling with purple ones... This game is getting some level of sentience beyond randomness...
Target lost
jtarheel
Poor
Poor

Yellow Missiles on IFF

Post by jtarheel »

I had seen some yellow blips that seem to disappear quite suddenly and had not been able to get a fix on them. Then, one time, just happen to see a missile, just in time to hit ECM. It had been a yellow blip and disappeared after the ECM had been hit.

So, we are not just seeing Cops show up as yellow blips, but missiles, too.