mission question **possible spoilers**

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Rimbaud
Dangerous
Dangerous

mission question **possible spoilers**

Post by Rimbaud »

Hello

I am doing a mission in Galaxy 4, which I believe comes from one of the oxps. It is a series of events, which started with me taking what turned out to be a criminal from one planet to another and then became a brush with the law. I am now supposed to be destroying some pirates near a planet called edorqu, but have never been able to find them (when I dock there is a message saying that someone was attacked by pirates and barely escaped).

I have explored all the planets around there and been to the planet ten times, but no luck. Can anyone offer a suggestion?
Rimbaud
Dangerous
Dangerous

more info

Post by Rimbaud »

Hello

I believe it's the "deposed" mission I'm doing by the way
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

You mean the drug lab? or earlier? Did you check F5-F5 if there's anything you still have tod do?

ybbx oruvaq lbh...

V'z abg xvqqvat, jura rkvgvat jvgpufcnpr, ybbx nebhaq pnershyyl, vs lbh ybbx pybfr rabhtu, lbh'yy frr fbzr nfgrebvqf...

copy/paste this stuff here: http://www.rot13.com/
Rimbaud
Dangerous
Dangerous

deposed mission

Post by Rimbaud »

Hello

On my F5-F5 mission, it says destroy the pirates in vicinty of edorqu and return to esarqure for reward...
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Re: deposed mission

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Rimbaud wrote:
Hello

On my F5-F5 mission, it says destroy the pirates in vicinty of edorqu and return to esarqure for reward...
Just last week I received a PM from someone else about this. The pirates really are there. You have to poke around. And they are hard to see at a distance (but do show up on the scanner). If you really can't find them, private message me and I'll give you a more direct hint. But do it before Wednesday - I'm leaving on vacation and promised my wife I wouldn't spend any time on the computer. :D
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.
pirx
Average
Average

Re: deposed mission

Post by pirx »

Cmdr. Wombat wrote:
Just last week I received a PM from someone else about this. The pirates really are there. You have to poke around. And they are hard to see at a distance (but do show up on the scanner). :D
Have to admit that was me getting stuck at the same point; did solve it after a hint from Cmdr. Wombat (thanks for that!!).
Part of the problem could be, that if you have most of the oxp's available for oolite, you are confronted with so many (and different) pirates, warriors, thargoids etc attacking you on your runs to the different possible planets around Edorqu, that you usually don't have the time to fly closely to each ship to identify it as a black pirate ship with a red hour-glass symbol. You get the info on your scanner what ship it is (but you're not sure if the ones you're looking for are any special type, although there is a hint in one of the messages), and then you better dispatch it as quickly as possible, since 4 or 5 other ships are frying your ass at the same time. So you might end up not knowing if you destroyed any of the black pirates and go on looking. A help might be to throw out some other oxp's (esp. the one with the capisastra ships (seosu.oxp) and the pirate cove experience) for the time of that part of the deposed mission, to make it easier to identify the black pirates. But then again, you might like it difficult...
Rimbaud
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Rimbaud »

Ahh finally found them... Thanks for the offer of help.