Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[UPDATE RELEASE] Xeptatl's Sword OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Xeptatl's Sword

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Smivs wrote:
:oops: :roll:
I seem to have left a couple of errors in the shipdata.plist, namely giving the Sword a

Code: Select all

roles = "missile(0.0001) EQ_X_SWORD_MISSILE";
which could lead to a Xeptatl's Sword being spawned if a regular missile is called by the game. However with a chance of 0.0001 this would be an incredibly rare event, so you have witnessed something that nobody else has ever seen, and may never see. :)
But just to reassure you that you're not going mad, you possibly did see what you thought you saw.
It's not a big deal so any correction can wait till the next update release.
Just add a couple more zeroes to the right of the decimal to make it a true "one in a million" occurance. :lol:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

:lol:
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Woooooo!
350 downloads
:D

</ quite surprised but pleased mode>
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Okay sorry to dig up an older thread, but quick question: WHY and HOW did I not know about this OXP? :shock: I was checking out your WonderWorm you referenced in a different thread and then I saw this... It looks ****ing awesome! I will have to download this as soon as I get home, I honestly thought I had found all the good OXPs but somehow this was missing from my extensive collection. Appologies to Smivs for not noticing it sooner! :mrgreen:
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Pleb wrote:
Okay sorry to dig up an older thread, but quick question: WHY and HOW did I not know about this OXP?
Don't worry about bumping the thread...we like that :)
As to how you missed it, well it's in the OXP table, and the Wiki missions page, and has its own Wiki Page as well as featuring on my Smivsonline website. Oh, and of course there is also Xeptatlssword.com.
Perhaps I need to publicise it more :wink: :lol:
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Smivs wrote:
Don't worry about bumping the thread...we like that :)
As to how you missed it, well it's in the OXP table, and the Wiki missions page, and has its own Wiki Page as well as featuring on my Smivsonline website. Oh, and of course there is also Xeptatlssword.com.
Perhaps I need to publicise it more :wink: :lol:
That's my point, it even has its own .com! I am downloading it now, cant wait. Have toyed with the idea of doing a mission OXP involving all-out war with the Thargoids, by incorporating some of the military-based OXPs around a sinister plot, but I fear it would not compare to this. I will instead focus on my other idea, which all I will say for now involves being labeled a Galactic Traitor... (Spoliers!) :wink: But till then I look forward to playing this!
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

Hi people. I'm into this mission, but I am stuck at Estebiin, in galaxy 6, and I think I need a hint. In the F5 briefing, it says that I have to dock at Xeptatl Society Headquarters, but I have no idea were it is... I simply couldn't find it. Any hint?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

marcusrg wrote:
... but I am stuck at Estebiin, in galaxy 6, and I think I need a hint. In the F5 briefing, it says that I have to dock at Xeptatl Society Headquarters, but I have no idea were it is... I simply couldn't find it. Any hint?
Hmm, it's been a while... does it not show on the compass?
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

El Viejo wrote:
If it shows, I don't recognize it... I will fly around the planet station and check it out again.
Cody

Post by Cody »

marcusrg wrote:
El Viejo wrote:
If it shows, I don't recognize it...
I may be mis-remembering - it has been ages since I ran that mission.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

Ok, I found it. I took my time to check every simbol in the compass, and I found the taxi station, the shipyard and the Headquarters, finally! :D
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

And here I am stuck again in the mission, :lol: . Well in ROT13, to avoid spoilers to those who did not take this mission yet (Xeptatl's Sword): V ernpurq Grmnrqrq, V whzcrq gb Gvevhfev, ragrerq gur jbezubyrf, bar ol bar, hagvy V ernpurq n cynpr shyy bs Gunetbvqf, V qba'g erpnyy gur anzr bs gur flfgrz. Gura, gur ntrag fuvcf jnf qrfgeblrq, na rfpncr cbq jnf ynhapurq, naq V guvax V jnf fhccbfrq gb fpbbc guvf rfpncr cbq. Ohg gur gunetbvqf xrcg nggnpxvat zr, naq V hfrq gur raretl obzo. Jryy, V zvffrq gur rfpncr cbq fvtany. Naq gur zvffvba vf abg tbvat nal sheugre, naq gur ntrag qvq abg nccrne nal zber. Qb V unir gb errfgneg gur zvffvba sebz gur orttvavat?
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Vg fubhyqa'g znggre gung gur ntrag'f fuvc jnf qrfgeblrq, naq gur rfpncr cbq vf n ovg bs n fhecevfr gb zr nf vg'f abg npghnyyl n cneg bs gur zvffvba.
Vs lbh jnvg nsgre nyy gur gunetbvqf ner qrfgeblrq nabgure ntrag fubhyq pbzr ybbxvat sbe lbh naq bcra n jbezubyr gb lbhe arkg qrfgvangvba.

Don't forget the 'help' section on xeptatlssword.com is there for moments like this :)
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

Ah, ok, thanks. :)
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

Spoiler alert! @Smivs Gur ehffvnaf tnir zr fbzr uryc va tnynkl 4! V jnf arire noyr gb svaq gur jerpx, ohg ng gur ehffvna fgngvba V pbhyq ohl n tnynkl uvcreqevir! Terng! :lol: