Launching with prohibited items

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Re: Launching with prohibited items

Post by Svengali »

MEGALODON wrote:
Didn't get much sleep yesterday trying to find the right mix of oxps to get a smooth and enriching game play thank you so much for sharing this, a true holy grail gem in the ooniverse.
Heh - wait until you've tried it :mrgreen:
MEGALODON
Dangerous
Dangerous

Vector OXP

Post by MEGALODON »

Yeah I can't wait to get into the dark passageways in the Oolite universe for Vector.

Something really intriguing happened when I jumped into a new system near a constore at the wP beacon.

I saw a ship that looked very reminiscent of the vector ship. The IFF came up as Ship Dealer/trader. I though hmmm that's something to do with vector.

Another interesting thing re: Vector I got that X on my space compass and just engaged my witchdrive boosters, but despite my max possible speed this has happened about five times off and on but nothing. I was still BVR (Beyond Visual range) but just can't seem to get to where the distress call is in time, I'm flying a Vampire MKI Gold Edition which is one of the fastest ships I have in my OOniverse so I don't know why I can't seem to get close enough to help get the thargoids off this guy.

Any thoughts? thanks ... Oh to avoid complaints from anyone for cross topic posting please feel free to PM me about this thanks :)
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Heh - the infos about the Vector are already scattered and the whole OXP contains elements which have to be explored by players. Sometimes it requires to find a way around, but generally it needs open eyes as the OXP does not place everything directly in front of the players nose. It may be that some players will never see some of its elements, but hey. The important bit is that if the player was lucky enough or managed it to determine what to do he/she/it will get some unusual stuff in return.

Anyway - pm'ed the rest .-)
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

I wrote an illegals goods oxp, that sets certain items illegal in certain worlds, but not for certain.. :)..

For example Furs illegal in Rodent/Feline Worlds bound to a pseudo random number(not implemented),
Dictatorships and Anachies would sometimes have Slaves trade to be legal..
Worlds with diseases would have Narcotics to be legal

and so on and on...

it was done by completely wiping illegal_goods.plist

and a script keept track of illegal trafficing, however:

The F7 screen, at the bottom listed what was illegal where

I then found out about the existance of a illegal Goods Oxp, and then lost interest in developing it any further...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Frame wrote:
I then found out about the existance of a illegal Goods Oxp, and then lost interest in developing it any further...
An existance of an oxp does not stop you to further develop that idea, Some other members were working on the ideas from my oxp's, and the resullt may be more improved than the original one. So I think contacting the original author of the oxp and asking for colobration may help. That is the way to improve existing OXP ideas and I don't think no one will oppose to that aproach.

By the way you are more than wellcome to improve the minerpod.oxp. :)
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Anyone who wants to improve/build on anything I've worked on is free to do so. Just let me know. And if I need to update one of my OXPs so it works well with another I've no problem with that. It would have been relatively straightforward to adjust Illegal Goods Tweak to work alongside an OXP doing what Frame was suggesting.

Anyway I think that boat is now missed with cim's new cargoes fulfilling this idea and more. And the existing illegal goods tweak will be updated to work with and complement new cargoes.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1