Seeking and Destroying Ramazan Gov. Vessels... last 4?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Galileo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Galileo »

:D The war hasn't even started yet! Go to Zaria then go back to Ramaza.
Eat talking tree, food blenders!
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Galileo wrote:
:D The war hasn't even started yet! Go to Zaria then go back to Ramaza.
again? after i received the money?
Galileo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Galileo »

That one mission you were doing is complete but there are a string of missions! You don't have to though it's entirely up to you.
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Galileo wrote:
You must have been paid the 15000 Cr to get that MISSION_COMPLETE_A which means you are done (maybe :wink: ). You might have missed the mission screen because of a thargoid alert, I'm not sure what to do about that though.
I'm not sure what to do about this either - it doesn't happen on my machine! I get the alerts about as often as I should (~5% chance)... My only suggestion for now is to remove thargoidwars.oxp if it's interfering with play.
It is generally inadvisable to eject over the target you just bombed.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Stuck again!

Post by ArkanoiD »

War is over, i was told to visit The Link homeworld, but nothing happened there.

mission_ionics_enemies_killed: 0 - why? i killed many!

mission_ionics_ramaza_status: LIBERATED - but it is still listed as dictatorship

mission_ionics_link_rank: PRIVATE - how do i get higher ranks?
Galileo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Stuck again!

Post by Galileo »

ArkanoiD wrote:
War is over, i was told to visit The Link homeworld, but nothing happened there.
There nothing there yet, I haven't got around to building the base yet.
ArkanoiD wrote:
There is currently no way to record if a kill is made by the player or someone else. That variable is basically just a placeholder.
ArkanoiD wrote:
mission_ionics_ramaza_status: LIBERATED - but it is still listed as dictatorship
The code is there but I haven't found a way to make it work yet.
ArkanoiD wrote:
You can't yet. You'll have to wait until I create more missions. The OXP is a WIP but there is quite a bit there already and I'm not sure if it will ever be finished as such. I'll just keep adding stuff until I'm sick of it.

BTW, what did you think of it? Was it fun? What did you like about it? What didn't you like? Give me feedback!
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Galileo wrote:
ArkanoiD wrote:
There nothing there yet, I haven't got around to building the base yet.
ArkanoiD wrote:
There is currently no way to record if a kill is made by the player or someone else. That variable is basically just a placeholder.
ArkanoiD wrote:
The code is there but I haven't found a way to make it work yet.
ArkanoiD wrote:
You can't yet. You'll have to wait until I create more missions. The OXP is a WIP but there is quite a bit there already and I'm not sure if it will ever be finished as such. I'll just keep adding stuff until I'm sick of it.

BTW, what did you think of it? Was it fun? What did you like about it? What didn't you like? Give me feedback!
Yes it's great! And space battle near Ramaza looks very impressive. But isn't it strange that Ramazan goverment cannot afford a signe carrier ship and is unable do discover the location of The Link base and to attack it? (If they equipped goverment vessels with ECM, i'd be in a kind of trouble though.. Am i right that there was only one better-equipped goverment vessel?)

I definitely will return there when new missions are available.

About counting kills - wasn't it implemented in Thargoid Wars?

BTW don't know if it is game bug or my hardware problem (p4 2.8CPU, radeon 9k with proprietary ati driver for xorg) but there are planets with luminous sky and when i get there a serious framedrop occurs. Have you seen it?
Galileo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Galileo »

ArkanoiD wrote:
But isn't it strange that Ramazan goverment cannot afford a signe carrier ship
They are supposed to be a very poor government but I am planning on having the government ships launched from a station instead of just spawning near the station. I might make them launch from a carrier instead.
ArkanoiD wrote:
and is unable do discover the location of The Link base and to attack it?
That will be part of the mission eventually, I'm just trying to figure out a nice way to do it.

ArkanoiD wrote:
If they equipped goverment vessels with ECM, i'd be in a kind of trouble though.. Am i right that there was only one better-equipped goverment vessel?
The are 2 types of government ships, whitetails and redbacks. Only redbacks are equipped with ECMs to make it a bit easier to kill 200 ships. :wink:
ArkanoiD wrote:
I think thargoid wars counts the number of OXP-generated thargoids killed regardless of who killed them, I could be wrong though.
ArkanoiD wrote:
BTW don't know if it is game bug or my hardware problem (p4 2.8CPU, radeon 9k with proprietary ati driver for xorg) but there are planets with luminous sky and when i get there a serious framedrop occurs. Have you seen it?

Now that you mention it, yes I have seen that!
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

Galileo wrote:
ArkanoiD wrote:
I think thargoid wars counts the number of OXP-generated thargoids killed regardless of who killed them, I could be wrong though.
That's exactly how it works. Currently the only way to count kills more accurately is to have something in the death_actions in shipdata.plist. That doesn't get around the issue of who does the killing though and it means custom shipdata.plists for every type of ship you want to count. For Thargoid Wars you're really getting the credit for participating in fighting the Thargoids, rather than the kills.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Cmdr. Wombat wrote:
Galileo wrote:
ArkanoiD wrote:
That's exactly how it works. Currently the only way to count kills more accurately is to have something in the death_actions in shipdata.plist. That doesn't get around the issue of who does the killing though and it means custom shipdata.plists for every type of ship you want to count. For Thargoid Wars you're really getting the credit for participating in fighting the Thargoids, rather than the kills.
So you can hide back in the station and still get awards? That's unfair. Maybe it's reasonable to have some sanity check via total kill count - if it does not change, that probably means you were lurking in the backyard instead of fight?
Cmdr. Wombat
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Cmdr. Wombat »

ArkanoiD wrote:
So you can hide back in the station and still get awards? That's unfair. Maybe it's reasonable to have some sanity check via total kill count - if it does not change, that probably means you were lurking in the backyard instead of fight?
Unfair? Perhaps. Of course people didn't know about that until now...

I will consider adding a sanity check. Still, if the player does fight but doesn't actually kill a Thargoid, shouldn't he/she get credit for that?