Free universal construction kit

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Free universal construction kit

Post by Gimi »

I suppose this one is mostly for Selezen, but still an interesting piece of kit.

http://fffff.at/free-universal-construction-kit/
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Free universal construction kit

Post by SandJ »

Oops. I just re-posted this on LinkedIn in a discussion about 3D printing "a collection of parts to join together different toy construction kits (or to paraphrase them, extensible post-facto syntactic interoperability for construction toys for the disenfranchised preliterate child)".

Now all my connections will get an email from LinkedIn where I promote the Free Universal Construction Kit. :oops: Great product, very poor acronym.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Free universal construction kit

Post by Selezen »

This is a very good article and a good concept. Trouble is, I can't work out whether to take it seriously or not!

It looks genuine, but the acronym and some of the "tongue in cheek" comments make me wonder just how seriously it's meant to be taken. Then I read that a lot of research has gone into sourcing just how "legal" the kit is and it seems to be serious again!!!

Awesome idea though, and kudos to them for it.