Collision bugs - 1.64dev1 linux

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Collision bugs - 1.64dev1 linux

Post by ArkanoiD »

a) laser collision bugs were not completely eliminated. I've seen invulnerable Ixian Freighter (i followed him through the wormhole and all started working properly) and Weel-smth-oid (hell, cannot memorize this spelling!)

b) object collision bug - a phantom Cobra III (though it was hitable by laser, but it released phantom cargo canister ;-)
winston
Pirate
Pirate

Re: Collision bugs - 1.64dev1 linux

Post by winston »

ArkanoiD wrote:
a) laser collision bugs were not completely eliminated. I've seen invulnerable Ixian Freighter (i followed him through the wormhole and all started working properly) and Weel-smth-oid (hell, cannot memorize this spelling!)
Weeviloid.

I noticed that too last night - I think it was also immune to missiles, but I could be wrong.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Collision bugs - 1.64dev1 linux

Post by ArkanoiD »

winston wrote:
ArkanoiD wrote:
Weeviloid.

I noticed that too last night - I think it was also immune to missiles, but I could be wrong.
Cannot prove - i had only one hardened missile at the moment, so the fact it survived is not necessary a bug..
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Speaking of collision bugs, I found myself flying through a coriolis repeatedly from different directions the other night. My docking system was on the blink, too. :-/
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

This is very frustrating without any debugging info (builds, OXPs, pause-and-entity-dumps, console logs or the like).
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

aegidian wrote:
This is very frustrating without any debugging info (builds, OXPs, pause-and-entity-dumps, console logs or the like).
1.64dev1 is latest development linux binary distribution (at the moment)

unfortunately i don't have console log for those, will try to get one next time.
does pause-and-entity dump go to the console as well?
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

aegidian wrote:
..i cannot switch to console to see what is there due to annoying Xorg/ati driver bug - it occasionally hangs my machine when i try to switch to text mode. But i can start oolite from xterm or redirect its output to somewhere next time..
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

In my case, the logs were devoid of anything at all interesting and I forgot to take an entity dump. (I was running GUSTO head.)