Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

addons position on osx

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

alexxxm
Poor
Poor

addons position on osx

Post by alexxxm »

I like it, I like it a lot!
After having smuggled narcotics in my 1st run, having been blown up a lot of times, finally found out where the stations are in-system, and, YES!, found out how to dock (one time out of two, on average), I finally looked at the OXP list, and now I'd like to install half of them... wonderful community!

My problem: I'm on OSX, and the readme when I installed it said to place the oolite folder where I want: it contains the program, the readme, the license, and the addons folder. While instead it contained the program, a Documantation folder, and an Extra folder. The Extra only content is another folder: BBC key configuration.
This Extra is the AddOn folder, or it isnt?

thank you guys!

alessandro
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: addons position on osx

Post by Smivs »

Hi Alessandro,
This page might help a bit. AddOns is the folder within Oolite where you place the OXPs. I'm not a mac user, but I believe macs see OXPs as a single file, so my guess is you need to put the program in AddOns.
I'm sure a mac user will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong and tell you how to do it properly though :P
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

alexxxm wrote:
This Extra is the AddOn folder, or it isnt?
No – there should be a folder called "AddOns" as well. If there isn't, you can make one yourself, although you'll need to make sure it's called "AddOns" with an "s".

It should look like this:

Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

alexxxm wrote:
My problem: I'm on OSX, ....This Extra is the AddOn folder, or it isnt?
Welcome alessandro,

When completely in doubt, you can make oolite itself point you to the correct folder on a Mac.:

- Go to windowed mode, while running Oolite, to get the menu bar (cmd-f when you were in full screen mode)
- select the 'Oolite menu' and go to the 'expansion pack' submenu.

This will open the correct folder with expansion packs for you. On the mac you can choose two places for the addOns. Personally I like the one in the user library the best. Probably you have to create that first. See Smiv's link above.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Mine was located here:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns

Note: On my OS X (10.14.6) the Library folder is hidden by default in Finder. You can display it by opening your home folder in Finder, selecting menu item View/Show View Options and checking "Show Library Folder."
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Bogatyr wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:30 pm
Mine was located here:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns

Note: On my OS X (10.14.6) the Library folder is hidden by default in Finder. You can display it by opening your home folder in Finder, selecting menu item View/Show View Options and checking "Show Library Folder."
Thanks for the tip! I'd not realised that I could do that.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?