Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Lifepod (and greetings)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Storm
Dangerous
Dangerous

Lifepod (and greetings)

Post by Storm »

Hi folks!

This is my first post here - been lurking a little while, as been a fan of Elite since back in the days of the BBC micro. Recently decided to try my hand with Wings3d. After about a week of messing about with it, I have managed to texture my first object (after a few hiccups working out how to actually get the texture to appear on the model) - I'm starting small, with a Lifepod.

For emergency use only.
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Re: Lifepod (and greetings)

Post by maik »

Hi Storm, and welcome to the Friendliest Board This Side of Riedquat!

What a first post, the life pod has a great design! However, it is enough to post in one thread, no need to double post.

Are you planning to go after more objects (e.g. ships) in Oolite with your retexturing/redesign efforts?

Cheers,
-Maik
Storm
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Storm »

Thanks for the welcome maik. Apologies for the double post in the other thread, after I confirmed my first above and it didn't appear on the forum thought I had made a mistake. On the second post, realised that a moderator has to veto it - first time I've seen that on a bulletin board. :)

I've got a few other ship models in the works, which I'll try and post later (when back home), and some potential idea's regarding object subentities that I fully expect I will need advice on when I start looking into scripting.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Storm wrote:
Thanks for the welcome maik. Apologies for the double post in the other thread, after I confirmed my first above and it didn't appear on the forum thought I had made a mistake. On the second post, realised that a moderator has to veto it - first time I've seen that on a bulletin board. :)

I've got a few other ship models in the works, which I'll try and post later (when back home), and some potential idea's regarding object subentities that I fully expect I will need advice on when I start looking into scripting.
Welcome Storm - the first post approval was initiated after a series of spammers resorted to joining and posting some "interesting" fleshy material as their first post. As far as I know we don't have too many minors or nuns on the forum but some of it was fairly disgusting and hence the need for approval. Mods and Admins lurk the board most of the time you must have just got unlucky with your timing.

Nice pod and nice first post!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Storm wrote:
got a few other ship models in the works, which I'll try and post later (when back home), and some potential idea's regarding object subentities that I fully expect I will need advice on when I start looking into scripting.
Great, looking forward to seeing more from you! People around here are generally happy to help so just ask when you get stuck.
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Storm, I really like that pod, and welcome! 8)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs