Help! Missiles scrap my ship

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Olli
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Help! Missiles scrap my ship

Post by Olli »

Is there anyone who can help me. I recently upgraded from 1.55 to 1.62. I fly a Supercobra equipped with shield boosters and military shield enhancement. Maintenance has been performed only recently and is not available to buy even on a tech level 14 planet.

Now every time my ship gets hit by just one missile it explodes although my shields are up 100%.

This did not happen in previous versions. Can anyone help me?

By the way. thank you for this great game!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

I suggest you try the upgrade to .63 or 4. I had the same problem, but it has been fixed.

.63 and 4 are bugfixing patches, and add some new stuff (so it is a testing release) but there sem to be no real showstoppers.
Olli
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Thanks, but problem still persists

Post by Olli »

Thank you for your tip. But the problem still persists. Yet the new features are great. Just took a look backwards while turning witch drive fuel injectors on.
TedJ
Deadly
Deadly

Post by TedJ »

You're not running an old version of the Aegidian Special OXP (w/ECM hardened missiles), are you?

The missile yields were decreased for 1.62, but the hardened missile in the above OXP is using the old damage, which is around 3x the standard yield of current missiles. Re-download the OXP and you should be fine.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

I thought the Specials.OXP was obsolete. That everything in there is now standard in-game?

So: don't install it.
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

I should think not :shock:
the ECM-hardened missile of yore was removed from the specials as it became native, but that OXP is still the only way to have the Mussurana and Asp special, as well as the nuBarrel variant in the game..
The man next to you is your lunch
Sidsick
Poor
Poor

Post by Sidsick »

Duh! where do i get these upgrades?
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Oh, forgot Mussurana. :oops: But the NuBarrel is standard now, no? I see lots of tubular cannisters...
oO
Competent
Competent

Post by oO »

Could this be a collision speed problem?

I've noticed that if i collide with a missile coming from the front at full speed then i'll die often.

That's not the case for missiles coming from the back, they just take all aft shield (w/shield boosters).
Olli
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Olli »

Thanks a lot to all of you. It was a great help.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Just to add that the latest version of the specials OXP (on Oosat) doesn't have the killer missiles.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

On the topic of the Mussurana, I've been playing with this OXP installed for a couple of months. I often see them as NCPs, but I've never seen one for sale in the shipyard, although the Wikii says that the ship is available to the player.

Has anyone managed to buy one?
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
Prophaniti
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Prophaniti »

You can find them, you may need to go to tech 15 though.

When it came up I took it for a test drive, but decided I preferred my Wolf II SE :D
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

killer missiles again?

Post by ArkanoiD »

Maybe i mistake it, but looks like there are 2 kinds of ECM hardened missiles. First one is generic "circling" one like those you can buy and the damage it brings is moderate, but sometimes i see missiles that fly directly to my ship without "circling" and those are likely to knock me out by the first hit. Any comments?