Primeable Equipment OXPs

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Primeable Equipment OXPs

Post by JazHaz »

There seems to be quite a few Primeable Equipment OXPs released recently. I understand how they work singly, ie "shift+n" to prime, and "n" to engage/disengage.

The question is what happens if you have multiple OXPs, all mapped to the same keypresses?

Does pressing the prime button ("shift+n") cycle through the different items of equipment?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Primeable Equipment OXPs

Post by Fatleaf »

Yes. With every press of Shift n, you cycle through the list of primable equipment. Then the standard n to activate it. And then to continue to cycle again it is Shift n.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

And Ctrl + Shift + n cycles backwards through the primable equipment list.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I only noticed yesterday that primeable equipment cannot be primed while the Docking Computer is in use - I thought I'd have a cup of tea while waiting to dock :)
I don't know if this is intentional, and it is not a problem really, but I can also see it being useful in some situations if equipment could be primed while the DC is on.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Smivs wrote:
I only noticed yesterday that primeable equipment cannot be primed while the Docking Computer is in use - I thought I'd have a cup of tea while waiting to dock :)
I don't know if this is intentional, and it is not a problem really, but I can also see it being useful in some situations if equipment could be primed while the DC is on.
Though no standard equipment can be activated either while the autopilot is on. All normal controls are disabled except view/status screen changing, and the controls for the autopilot itself.

There are certainly bits of primable equipment which should not be activated during the docking process.