Problem with display target system at contracts screen.

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Problem with display target system at contracts screen.

Post by Okti »

I am at G8 doing cargo contracts, I was offered a contract to Inzaan and I pressed the button to show the location. And found Inzaan is on my way for another contract I have already taken and accepted the contract. But After launching looked at Galaxy chart again and found the mark is not on my route any more.

The reason is there are two Inzaans at G8 and presumably show target system pointed to the wrong one, so I have over 10000 grams of gem-stones to sell now.
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Problem with display target system at contracts screen.

Post by Switeck »

Sadly, Cargo Contract destinations are marked with an X on the Galaxy Chart only after you start them. :(
A clue also to avoid that in the future is the distance to the system is mentioned in the contract. You're probably not the same distance from both Inzaans.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Okti wrote:
The reason is there are two Inzaans at G8 and presumably show target system pointed to the wrong one, so I have over 10000 grams of gem-stones to sell now.
Something similar happened me in RL. On my way in the south I had to take two other persons with me. One came at my house and the other lived in the town 'Elst'. I had no address of the guy, but my other guest said that, if I drive to the town centre, he would find it. And because I had been in Elst before and it was perfectly along my route south, I never asked where Elst was situated......

Once in the centre, my guest did not recognize anything. Than, with the map, he pointed somewhere else. 50 km off-route there also existed a second town with the name "Elst". #$###%$
Switeck wrote:
Sadly, Cargo Contract destinations are marked with an X on the Galaxy Chart only after you start them.
They are shown with a green cross before selecting them. You just have to go to the F6F6 screen by pressing "?"
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Eric Walch wrote:
They are shown with a green cross before selecting them. You just have to go to the F6F6 screen by pressing "?"
"?" miss guide me at that situation :D, needs to find another 95 systems to get rid of that load now!
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Wouldn't a single line in planetinfo.plist, re-naming one of them, solve the two Inzaans inconvenience once and for all?
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

I can see it now -- a Snoopers news reports the 2 fighting over who gets to retain the name.
"There can be only one!" :lol:
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

We basically do want to keep the maps as they were in 1.65, but I believe a fix for 'satnav issues' is underway post-MNSR any time now :!:
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Switeck wrote:
I can see it now -- a Snoopers news reports the 2 fighting over who gets to retain the name.
"There can be only one!" :lol:
Omg do it please!!!