Koneko Kobra

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Koneko Kobra

Post by RyanHoots »

The Koneko Kobra, designed and built by Koneko Industries, is a variant of the standard Cobra Mk3.

Sacrificing two missile slots and five tons of cargo for extra speed and energy (among other minor benefits), the Koneko Kobra is prepared for any pirates.

The first Koneko Kobra, Taylor Miller, started out as a standard Cobra Mk3, before Ryan Hoots, CEO of Koneko Industries, completely rebuilt her engines, replacing the two standard Cowell & MgRath thrusters for one big prototype engine from his company in the process.

Koneko Industries started mass-manufacturing the ship after an agreement with Cowell & MgRath.

More info: http://oolite.ryanhoots.com/koneko-indu ... neko-kobra
Download from RyanHoots.com: http://oolite.ryanhoots.com/koneko-indu ... -12-02.zip
Commander Wilmot
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Koneko Kobra

Post by Commander Wilmot »

The paint scene looks Thargiodish, not that there is any thing wrong with that. I will have to test it, but I am not sure about the one engine. I have seen one or two other cobra or larger sized ships with only one engine, example: Cobra IV, they looked peculiar to me.
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Koneko Kobra

Post by RyanHoots »

Commander Wilmot wrote:
...I am not sure about the one engine. I have seen one or two other cobra or larger sized ships with only one engine, example: Cobra IV, they looked peculiar to me.
Yeah, it almost makes the ship look sidewinder-ish. But looks are deceiving this time. :D
Commander Wilmot wrote:
The paint scene looks Thargiodish, not that there is any thing wrong with that.
Didn't notice that... but now that I do, it looks vaguely fiercer...