Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Simultaneous texture mods

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

hayden
Above Average
Above Average

Simultaneous texture mods

Post by hayden »

Quick question - with simultaneous addition of griff and deepspace oxps, do you get both varients or does one overrule the other?

Thanks!

EDIT: 2nd question, is there a new texture pack for Wolf Mk II as looks a bit daft in dockyard when scrolling through Griff's posh ships then suddenly a massively less detailed wolf mk2?
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Simultaneous texture mods

Post by JazHaz »

hayden wrote:
Quick question - with simultaneous addition of griff and deepspace oxps, do you get both varients or does one overrule the other?
From the wiki for the Deepspace Ships:
"Note that this OXP will override existing default Oolite ships and probably any other OXP that does a similar thing. Thankfully ADCK has made a set of additional files that fixes this and replace the said files in the Deepspace Ships OXP. This is available as an additional zip in the archive."
hayden wrote:
2nd question, is there a new texture pack for Wolf Mk II as looks a bit daft in dockyard when scrolling through Griff's posh ships then suddenly a massively less detailed wolf mk2?
I don't believe so, maybe someone will make one if you ask nicely! :)
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
hayden
Above Average
Above Average

Post by hayden »

JazHaz wrote:
hayden wrote:
"Note that this OXP will override existing default Oolite ships and probably any other OXP that does a similar thing. Thankfully ADCK has made a set of additional files that fixes this and replace the said files in the Deepspace Ships OXP. This is available as an additional zip in the archive."
hayden wrote:
2nd question, is there a new texture pack for Wolf Mk II as looks a bit daft in dockyard when scrolling through Griff's posh ships then suddenly a massively less detailed wolf mk2?
I don't believe so, maybe someone will make one if you ask nicely! :)
I can live without the wolf texturing (and apologies for not looking hard enough in the Wiki- I did look!) but the ADCK files to fix the DS Ships OXP would be really useful - I have looked at the ADCK site and the DS site and no mention of the ADCK fix, where can I download this?

EDIT - ignore me, I'm an idiot.
Thanks
Last edited by hayden on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

hayden wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
hayden wrote:
Deep Space Ships wrote:
I can live without the wolf texturing (and apologies for not looking hard enough in the Wiki- I did look!) but the ADCK files to fix the DS Ships OXP would be really useful - I have looked at the ADCK site and the DS site and no mention of the ADCK fix, where can I download this?
Simple as already stated, the file is inside the Deepspace Ships download, as another zip file.
hayden
Above Average
Above Average

Post by hayden »

[/quote]

I can live without the wolf texturing (and apologies for not looking hard enough in the Wiki- I did look!) but the ADCK files to fix the DS Ships OXP would be really useful - I have looked at the ADCK site and the DS site and no mention of the ADCK fix, where can I download this?[/quote]
Simple as already stated, the file is inside the Deepspace Ships download, as another zip file.[/quote]

Apologies, you're right - couldn't see wood for the trees. Thanks for patience - and to any others that have answered my stooopid questions! These OXPs are excellent.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

The Wolf 2 is not part of the core ship set anyway? So it's not a matter of finding a re-texture for it, but of removing the OXP that introduced it? Simon B. has done a few versions of Wolf 1 & 2, one of them might be either the solution you seek, or the cause of your unwanted Wolf? Do you have OXPs called Neolite, SB-Faves or SB-re2dux?
hayden
Above Average
Above Average

Post by hayden »

Wildeblood wrote:
The Wolf 2 is not part of the core ship set anyway? So it's not a matter of finding a re-texture for it, but of removing the OXP that introduced it? Simon B. has done a few versions of Wolf 1 & 2, one of them might be either the solution you seek, or the cause of your unwanted Wolf? Do you have OXPs called Neolite, SB-Faves or SB-re2dux?
Yea, did consider removal of Wolf as result, but quite like it as it does have some original Elite vintage.

Just having a look at the neolite ships now, look good!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

You're spoilt for choice for ships and stuff in Oolite :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
christina
Competent
Competent

Post by christina »

What is this "dock yard" you talk of?.

is this a oxp ..not available for p.c?
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

christina wrote:
What is this "dock yard" you talk of?.

is this a oxp ..not available for p.c?
That is the "Ships For Sale" F3F3, once in a main station.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

If f3f3 doesn't do anything, it means you're playing in strict mode, a 'minimal' game setting where you don't have the option to buy ships, get passengers, use oxps, etc...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
christina
Competent
Competent

Post by christina »

Yes , got that .. i heard that there is a ship yard....??? thingy .. to view ships in the game.. but its only for mac..is there one for the pc version?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Ah... maybe you mean Dry Dock? Only for Macs, I believe, if it still works... see here.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!