Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Elite Status Question

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

ngamradt
Poor
Poor

Elite Status Question

Post by ngamradt »

I played Elite Plus on PC years ago (loved it). I did reach Elite status and I remember there was basically a splash screen honoring me for reaching that goal. If I remember correctly, I could still play as long as I wanted afterwards. Anyway, I thought in the original game that you could reach Elite status through kills or wealth, but I honestly don't remember for sure.

What are the ways you can reach Elite status in Oolite? Is it only through 6400 kills? Does this version of the game do the same splash screen (or something different) when you reach that status. Was 6400 the same number of kills needed in the original, if so, I guess I played that game a lot more than I realized :-)
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Elite Status Question

Post by RyanHoots »

Although I haven't yet reached the coveted heights of Elite, from what I've heard elsewhere on the BB, there is no special screen the player gets for being Elite, but I know that it can be done.
Also, in Oolite, I believe it is impossible to get to Elite any way but fighting, although I thin kill count can be increased via script...
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Greetings and welcome brother sky warrior,
I have my Elite status and am currently working on 9725 kills, over a million in credits, fly a super bad Vortex and am enjoying it thoroughly.

To answer your question: 6400 kills and you get a congrats and a new status of Elite. Done primarily by kills counted.

Starting the game is like taking your first steps out the door... you never know where it will take you... trader avenue, bounty hunter road, Pirate speedway, vagabond taxi, Lonesome dove miner, hoopi fanatic... lots of choices with over 2000 planets to visit so don't worry about getting to Elite.. it will come to you quick enough

You will get other more wise advise soon to be sure. :lol:
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

ngamradt wrote:
I played Elite Plus on PC years ago (loved it). I did reach Elite status and I remember there was basically a splash screen honoring me for reaching that goal. If I remember correctly, I could still play as long as I wanted afterwards.
There was indeed a splashscreen in Elite Plus... a guy in a vac-suit holding out an Elite badge, if I remember right. You could then play on ad infinitum, and could be awarded the title Archangel, instead of Commander... but your rank remained Elite.

I think there was one version of the original that required more than 6400 kills, but that is the only way to reach Elite rank in Oolite.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Anyone to write MeritBadge.oxp? :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Kaks wrote:
Anyone to write MeritBadge.oxp? :)
:lol:

Welcome to Lazy Scouts where we have a nice new badge for ignoring the girl with the pink hair. Any takers? :P
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

I do like the girl with the pink hair, though! :P

Still, what I really meant was, someone could concot some screens suitable for all the ranks achieved, and display the corresponding congrats screen when docking... :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

...while playing the Great Gates of Kiev.
Sorry, I had a sudden bout of nostalgia...
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Kaks wrote:

Still, what I really meant was, someone could concot some screens suitable for all the ranks achieved, and display the corresponding congrats screen when docking... :)
I dearly hope the girl with pink hair your thinking about isn't the one I'm thinking of. That kind of thinking, if your thinking what I think your thinking can lead no where but downhill fast. That programme has "trouble" written all over it. I though the "Housewives Favourite" in skin tight blue lycra, leaping about the place was bad, then you have to go and add a whole new angle to the possible wrongness. :lol:
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

ClymAngus wrote:
Kaks wrote:

I dearly hope the girl with pink hair your thinking about isn't the one I'm thinking of. That kind of thinking, if your thinking what I think your thinking can lead no where but downhill fast. That programme has "trouble" written all over it. I though the "Housewives Favourite" in skin tight blue lycra, leaping about the place was bad, then you have to go and add a whole new angle to the possible wrongness. :lol:
:?:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

WIKI+OXPs
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I do hope you don't mean these nice, normal people :shock:

Edit:- Image removed at CSOTB's request.

Glad the image has been removed - saved me doing it. Careful please people...
Last edited by DaddyHoggy on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Confirming reported image has been removed
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Smivs wrote:
I do hope you don't mean these nice, normal people :shock:
You sick, sick puppy! :shock: :lol:
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

>Fatleaf calls social services<
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

:shock:

You people disgust me!

How can you take a kid's show that promotes healthy living and positive attitudes and portray it or think about it in an evil and degenerate matter? :(

It's that foul way of thinking that causes most of the problems in the world today. :(

Smiv's, please put up a nice picture of Lazy Town in it's place lest someone stumbles onto that posting and comes to the conclusion the oolite community is really sick and degenerate...or leave it, to suit that very purpose as a warning to good people to steer clear. :(

Now I'm gonna have to wash my brain out with soap! :roll:

WIKI+OXPs
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Sorry folks, no offence meant.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.