svn r328 oddities

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

winston
Pirate
Pirate

svn r328 oddities

Post by winston »

Some oddities I've observed with a build of this revision:

I was engaged with rather dubious combat with a Hamadryad. When the dust settled and I had done my service to society by cleaning the area of all that cargo, there was something the scanner was showing in yellow really close by. So I took a look at what it was. It was a stationary ECM Hardened Missile. I tried to get closer for a screen shot but accidentally crashed into it.

I've noted a few hostiles that are stationary too. Most aren't but some are. Also, cargo isn't drifting away from destroyed ships like it used to.

When battling Thargoids (part of Thargoid wars), I kept getting 'Incoming missile' warnings. I'm not sure who was firing them at me (it wasn't the Thargoids), and I couldn't see any red targets on the scanner.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Re: svn r328 oddities

Post by aegidian »

winston wrote:
Some oddities I've observed with a build of this revision:

I was engaged with rather dubious combat with a Hamadryad. When the dust settled and I had done my service to society by cleaning the area of all that cargo, there was something the scanner was showing in yellow really close by. So I took a look at what it was. It was a stationary ECM Hardened Missile. I tried to get closer for a screen shot but accidentally crashed into it.

I've noted a few hostiles that are stationary too. Most aren't but some are. Also, cargo isn't drifting away from destroyed ships like it used to.
Mmm. I think a few of the changes to the ShipEntity update: method may be to blame. I'll need to root them out one by one.

If you find a similar situation, could you do the Pause And Press Zero dance and send me the summary, please?
winston wrote:
When battling Thargoids (part of Thargoid wars), I kept getting 'Incoming missile' warnings. I'm not sure who was firing them at me (it wasn't the Thargoids), and I couldn't see any red targets on the scanner.
That's the Thargons being launched - the new revision uses a single method to launch the missiles and the thargons and doesn't distinguish between them as yet. I'll get on that in the am.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

BTW: I've seen a lot of robotfighters all but immediately disintegrate after being launched, lots of white flashes. they either crash nto eachother or the mothership, impossible to make out...
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

I found the problem with flotsam - fixed in the latest rev. (r333)
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!