How to get to planet Lazaso in Galaxy 5 ?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

pirx
Average
Average

How to get to planet Lazaso in Galaxy 5 ?

Post by pirx »

Hi, am new to the forum, so hello to everyone.

Am enjoying Oolite for a while now, thanks a lot to the makers and contributers!!

I have a question to which I couldn't find anything in the bulletins, so maybe someone can help me with it:

Just jumped into galaxy 5 (top right corner), and came across two planets on the chart which lie on top of each other - Zaenza (Starlist System 55, coordinates 237,33) and Lazaso (System 128, same coordinates). It seems I can jump to Zaenza, but Lazaso cannot be selected on the chart. When I type Lazaso in the find prompt of the long range chart, it shows on the chart, but Zaenza is written under the prompt and Lazaso can still not be selected, since Zaenza lies on top of it.
This was intriguing, and I tried to reach Lazaso from Zaenza without using witchspace (since they seemed to be so close to each other), but got nowhere. So the question is, is this a glitch in the game or is there a way to reach mysterious Lazaso?

Thanks for any hint.

Pirx
Evil Juice
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Evil Juice »

You really tried without witchspace? And in which direction were you travelling? I don't think that a system is even created until you jump into it. It simply doesn't work like this.
Target lost
TGHC
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by TGHC »

You don't have to "select" Lazaso, just type it in the find prompt hit F1 and then hyperspace, that should do it.

Incidentally coincident pairs are not very useful for trading, because the economy is almost entirely detemined by the Y coordinate, there are however several "close" pairs, which have a very minor difference in the Y coordinate, and again, these are not normally very good for trading. However there is one exception in galaxy 3, Lezaer (RI tech 14) and Esmaonbe (PA tech 4). This means you have a full tank of Witchdrive juice :twisted: and you can take liberties :twisted:
The Grey Haired Commander has spoken!
OK so I'm a PC user - "you know whats scary? Out of billions of sperm I was the fastest"
Evil Juice
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Evil Juice »

Yeah, esmaonbe-lezaer bought me a supercobra.
Target lost
pirx
Average
Average

Post by pirx »

TGHC wrote:
You don't have to "select" Lazaso, just type it in the find prompt hit F1 and then hyperspace, that should do it.
tried that, but it doesn't work. It is always Zaenza I hyperspace to, even when Lazaso is typed in the prompt. I think that if Lazaso could be selected that way, it should appear as a name under the find prompt, when you type it in. Looks more and more like a bug...
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Working on a fix for this (choosing from coincident systems) now. Should be in the next revision.

Basically from v1.64 you should be able to click close above the pair for one system, close below for the other.

UPDATE: Committed fix in r328.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!