Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Finally upgraded for the first time

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

danny_galaga
Above Average
Above Average

Finally upgraded for the first time

Post by danny_galaga »

Been busy and haven't played in a while. This game takes away the hours very quickly :D SO had a good session the other day. Finally realised I had enough to trade in the Cobra for a Python. Was umming and ahhing (like it was real life!) because the Python is a lot slower. But so much more cargo space for the price! So I went for it. Having my cake and eating it too though because of course I saved a new file for the Python. Now as long as I keep clear of the space lanes the profit per trip is really ramping up (",)
SALVAGER ARMY OFFICER
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: Finally upgraded for the first time

Post by Smivs »

danny,
I ran a Python for quite a while, and I loved it. She was iron-assed by the time I'd finished and was a pretty good combat ship all things considered.
And for trading, as you're finding, the credits soon start rolling in.
Enjoy! :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

It's the first ship you can seriously do cargo contracts in...just remember that extra 15 TC add-on because that lets you get slightly more contracts.
danny_galaga
Above Average
Above Average

Post by danny_galaga »

Switeck wrote:
It's the first ship you can seriously do cargo contracts in...just remember that extra 15 TC add-on because that lets you get slightly more contracts.
Ooh yes. Forgot about it. Better do it now!
SALVAGER ARMY OFFICER
onno256
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by onno256 »

I've had a python as well, as one of my in-between-ships. As long as you stay out of the lanes it is okay. Fuel injectors do help, however. I usually followed the spacelanes until I had little fuel to go hunt for some pirates, and then fuel-injected out of the lane...

Greetz,
Onno.
Wheeling an' dealing while cruisin' the galaxies
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

onno256 wrote:
As long as you stay out of the lanes it is okay. Fuel injectors do help, however.
Better than okay I'd say. Iron-ass it and you've got quite a capable ship. It's only the lack of military shield enhancement that stops it being brilliant. As I said above I flew one for a long time, and far from avoiding the lanes I used to cruise them. Those pirates can't resist a lonesome Python, so they come to you. Great...saves you having to go find them. I'd often take her out empty, and by the time I docked had a nearly full hold of free cargo.
She wasn't called The Fatal Attraction for nothing! :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.